rear door panel removal for speaker access

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

T-bone02
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

rear door panel removal for speaker access

Post by T-bone02 »

Today I was attempting to remove the passenger side rear door panel in an attempt to splice in an audio inverter that would allow me to run rca cables to my amp, which I have placed behind my rear seat. Running the power wire to my amp was no problem, but when faced with the decision of connecting the inverter to my stereo I chose the rear speaker location. This would keep me from having to cut into the factory harness behind the factory rds radio. Anyway, I can't get the supid thing off. I used my door panel puller to successfully unpry all of the plasic grommet things, but something in the middle of the rear door panel behind the armrest prevented its removal. I had also removed the door lock trim piece and screw, but stopped where I was at so not to damage the panel. I need help!!! What have I forgotten to do? Also I am afraid to unhook my battery because of my rds radio. It has a red light that blinks near the tuner knob, and I think that might be the theftlock light. However my radio doen't say Theftlock like the radios with the remote cassette. I bought the truck used and won't know the access code to unlock it if I unhook power. How can I tell if it has theftlock?
[size=75]modified air box, aluminum skid shields, custom sirius radio, 15%tint, powdercoated diamond bed rails/toolbox, mild t-bar crank, Reese class III receiver hitch, 1 3/8 core high capacity radiator[/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

you can unhook the battery without any problems mine even saves my stations I only need to reset the clock.
Did you remove the screw from the arm rest, theres a screw under a plastic cap where you would place your hand just pop that cap off .
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

GM DATA wrote: Remove the trim panel screws from the armrest. Carefully pry off the cover using a flat-bladed tool.
# Use the J 38778 in order to release the door trim panel retainers.
# Remove the door trim panel from the door.
the tool referred to is anything like this one found in any auto supply store

[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

when you get the screw out,, pull the bottom of the door panel out a couple of inches.....and push the rear of the panel up first, tilting it toward the top of the door. it comes off easiest this way.

if you need anymore help....let us know!!!!
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
T-bone02
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by T-bone02 »

thnx, I didn't remove the screw in the armrest, couldn't find one. what about the theftlock feature though? I don't know if my radio has it or not. When I cut my truck off a little red light blinks on the radio. It's an RDS cd/cassette player without the disk changer. I'm afraid to unhook my battery because my truck was preowned and I don't know the unlock code.
[size=75]modified air box, aluminum skid shields, custom sirius radio, 15%tint, powdercoated diamond bed rails/toolbox, mild t-bar crank, Reese class III receiver hitch, 1 3/8 core high capacity radiator[/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

mine has the same red light its ok to unhook your battery
Last edited by jeff024 on Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

jeff024 wrote:mine has the same red light its ok to unhook you battery

worse thing is that you will have to reset the clock and the stations!!
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
T-bone02
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by T-bone02 »

ok thanks for all the info, hopefully i'll get a chance sunday to finish this project :)
_STUCKY
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: rear door panel removal for speaker access

Post by _STUCKY »

Alrighty, what's the trick to getting the top part by the window out? It's driving me nuts...
_STUCKY
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: rear door panel removal for speaker access

Post by _STUCKY »

Ha! Got it on the next try....