Roof rack question

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

Rockhead

Roof rack question

Post by Rockhead »

I'd like to install a roof rack on my CC similar to the ones that come on the Z-whatevers. Anyone know of an aftermarket source that would be cheaper than the OEM stealer stuff?
I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us like equals.
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

yes, buy a blazer one from the junkyard, then cut it and install it yourself. brule did this and he was out 60 bucks by the time it was over
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
24digger
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 24digger »

If you buy one from the junk yard try to get one from a 2 dr blazer. Their the same ones as the crewcab ZR5. I bought one from the dealer for mine and the instructions were for a blazer. I Still can't bring myself to drill holes in the roof. I paid $154 for mine.
[size=75]2002 Yellow Crewcab, Gaylord X2000 Lid, Ventvisors, Painted to match bugshield, Stepshields, K&N filter,rear swaybar, Bed X-tender,Window Tint, 1.25" wheel spacers,overhead console with trip computer, steering wheel with radio controls, bilsteins, optima redtop, taylor wires. flowmaster 40 muffler, energy suspension swaybar bushings[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

a2b wrote:yes, buy a blazer one from the junkyard, then cut it and install it yourself. brule did this and he was out 60 bucks by the time it was over
What he said :D

Here is the thread from the old forum: Roof Rack

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK