How Fast?

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

Formula

How Fast?

Post by Formula »

I am new to this group and this is my first post. I just bought a space blue 2002 GMC Sonoma Crew Cab with a 3.73 locking rear. It feels a lot more powerful than my 1991 S-10 Tahoe. With that truck I ran a 17.7 @ 76 at New York International while it was bone stock. The only times I could find for a Crew Cab were Motor Trend Feb. 2001 with a time of 17.8 @ 74.9. This seems very slow to me. I will be running the truck this spring to see if it is more powerful, but until then could anyone help me out with their times?
QnsRyche
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by QnsRyche »

dead stock i ran a 16:90@78

i have sence put on 3" single flowmaster...but havent run it

i also have 3:73
Jim

Re: How Fast?

Post by Jim »

Formula wrote:I am new to this group and this is my first post. I just bought a space blue 2002 GMC Sonoma Crew Cab with a 3.73 locking rear. It feels a lot more powerful than my 1991 S-10 Tahoe. With that truck I ran a 17.7 @ 76 at New York International while it was bone stock. The only times I could find for a Crew Cab were Motor Trend Feb. 2001 with a time of 17.8 @ 74.9. This seems very slow to me. I will be running the truck this spring to see if it is more powerful, but until then could anyone help me out with their times?
No times but...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
Formula

Post by Formula »

QnsRyche, nice time! Did you race in 4 wheel hi or 2wd? 16.9 is a far cry from the sorry 17.8 that Motor trend did. I like the 16.9 much better. In my neighborhood, we have pesky little Toyota Tacomas and Dodge Dakotas always trying to race you from every stoplight (it seems). It's just good to know if I stand a chance. I bought the truck to get me through deep snow, carry 4 adults, and pull a trailer, but it is always good to go fast though!
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Re: How Fast?

Post by barch97 »

Jim wrote:
Formula wrote:I am new to this group and this is my first post. I just bought a space blue 2002 GMC Sonoma Crew Cab with a 3.73 locking rear. It feels a lot more powerful than my 1991 S-10 Tahoe. With that truck I ran a 17.7 @ 76 at New York International while it was bone stock. The only times I could find for a Crew Cab were Motor Trend Feb. 2001 with a time of 17.8 @ 74.9. This seems very slow to me. I will be running the truck this spring to see if it is more powerful, but until then could anyone help me out with their times?
No times but...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Why stop there?

a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

space blue?

is that the same as mine?

is there finally another blue crew like mine?
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
Formula

Post by Formula »

I think it might be the same. I saw the color in an early 2002 catalog. But by by the time the regular catalog came out, the only blue was indigo blue. Mine is Space Blue. I have never seen another crew cab out there with that color.
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

well if my server wasnt shut off i would show a pic of my truck and you could tell me if its the same!!!
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
QnsRyche
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by QnsRyche »

no need for 4x4 on the track... and it would only slow you down due to the power it takes to operate
Warnoffroad
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Warnoffroad »

hahaha yea once you power break these things dont really have enough power to rip a hot soft tire :lol: I wish these things came with the trail blazer motor. you think your trucks are slow, try a 31 or a 32 inch tire.