Your best MPGs

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

Randy

Your best MPGs

Post by Randy »

What is the best miles per gallon you have seen with your Crewcab? At 5500 miles we avg 16.5 :?
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

My best was almost 24 mpg, but I found out that my speedometer was off 2 mph @ 55 mph.

Now calibrated, 18k mi., and checked with GPS, best so far 21mpg highway, normal day to day 16-17 mpg.
Last edited by HenryJ on Thu Oct 10, 2002 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

ya, 23 is my best, but that is all highway. i got about 21 on the way to texas and back this past month
Steven
Crew
Crew

Milege

Post by Steven »

My best was 21 mph. I've got a heavy foot though :twisted: , so I average between 15-18
[size=75]Throttle Body Riser, CFM-Tech High Flow Throttle Blade, K&N Gen 2, JetChip Stage 2, IAT Relocated, Power Pulleys, Mod'ed MSF Sensor, Flowmaster 50, HD Radiator, MSD6AL Ignition w/MSD Wires, E-Fan, Aux. E-Fan, HD Trans Cooler, 180 Jet Power Stat, B&M Electronic Shift Improver, 2" Body lift[/size]
QnsRyche
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by QnsRyche »

i picked up about 25 miles a tank when i did the flowmaster [average city and hiwy and heavy foot] :twisted:
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

Don't use my numbers in the average but I get a whopping 9.8MPG! :shock: I drive realy short distances(less than 2 miles oneway to my commuter train), plus with my remote start and waiting in my crew for the train; it does not help my numbers either. On a long trip all highway, I got almost 17mpg when the truck was really new. So I get like 150miles per tank and only drive about 150 miles per month(almost 5 months since I had the crew and only put 2100miles on it). Cause the baby seat and other is already setup in my wife's Trooper, my Crew mostly sits idle on the weekends too. Plus I did have my 89 Trooper for a while so having three vehicles did not help either. Oh, I forgot about my dual sport motorcycle! I'm going on a long trip soon so I'll be putting about 500 or so miles on it then so I'll be taking the Crew to the dealer for it's first service right after that then. I'm going to have the front looked at since the stock tires rub the ZR5 flares(going tell them the front is too low and hopefully they will do a t-bar lift for me like 1/2-1" or so), oil change, and the rear Diff Oil changed(as per owners manual for those with G80 Locker Diffs).

Cheers,

Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
Jim

Post by Jim »

I've kept a log since I new. The best was 19.6 the worst was 12.5 when new. I have never had a tankfull used for only highway miles most trips are short ones.
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

i think i am averageing like 17 in the city :) i drive in 3rd too.
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]