A/C problems

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

Yellow Hammer
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

A/C problems

Post by Yellow Hammer »

I have had a problem with the A/C for as long as I can remember but it's never been enough of a problem for me to worry about until now because it seems to be getting worse.

I live in Florida so I use the A/C about ten months out of the year. Although, the problem that I have is only in the Summer when the temperature gets in the 90s. I will be driving and the compressor will just shut off. Sometimes it comes back on within a couple of minutes, sometimes it doesn't come back on at all until I park, shut the truck off, and then try it again after the the truck cools down. Very wierd. I don't think it's the compressor because it works fine when the temperature is below 90. I have replaced the relay thinking that it was flakey but that didn't help.

Anyone who can give me some ideas would be greatly appreciated.
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew Cab (white), 2" suspension lift (torsion bar crank & Daystar shackles), 2"BL, 31X10.50 BFG AT, 15X7 Cragar wheels (black), 1.25" rear wheel spacers, Hi-Lift jack with mount, rock sliders, Bilstein shocks, Westin light bar, Hella 500 lights, Trans cooler, GPS, CB, XM radio

Roll Tide!![/size]