O2 sensor

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

Swbari00
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

O2 sensor

Post by Swbari00 »

I just replaced my O2 sensor, the one after the cat and my light is still on. Does it take time to reset for have I screwed up? Also, I used a Bosch sensor, should that matter?
SOLD! 2003 Zr5 black. Alpine CDA-9831 cd with iPod adapter, JL Audio VR650-CSi (6.5" componets in front doors), JL Audio 8 W-3, Sony 260G. Air box mod, Flowmaster 40 dual exhaust.

Now a Scion xD with lots of audio stuff!
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Why did you replace the post-cat 02 sensor?

What 02 sensor code set the light?

Did you clear the code?

Sorry for all the ?'s. :lol:

Sometimes Bosch 02 sensors can cause problems when used as pre-cat sensors, but in your case it shouldn't matter since you installed it after the cat which is only used for OBD2 monitoring purposes. :wink:

Steve
Swbari00
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Swbari00 »

I took it to what ever parts store it was and they hooked up the computer and said thats the one that is bad. I have no idea what the code was and I don't think I cleared any code. I guess the morale of my story is I know nothing... :shock:
SOLD! 2003 Zr5 black. Alpine CDA-9831 cd with iPod adapter, JL Audio VR650-CSi (6.5" componets in front doors), JL Audio 8 W-3, Sony 260G. Air box mod, Flowmaster 40 dual exhaust.

HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Make sure theftloc is disabled. Disconnect your battery , wait three minutes and reconnect.
That will clear the code.
See if it returns.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Swbari00
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Swbari00 »

THeftloc???? :?: You think I would still use a factory radio!?! :lol: I will try that, thanks.

Swbari00
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Swbari00 »

THey told me at advanced autoparts that the light even after you unhook the battery takes about 40-60 miles to reset. He told me I should have unhooked the negative cable from the battery while installing it, does this sound right or are they just trying to get out of replacing a bad sensor they sold me?

CrashNburn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by CrashNburn »

ive never heard of driving 40-60 miles after disconnecting your battery LoL.. disconnecting your battery for a few minutes will cause your computer to remove codes stored in your ROM. thats all it can do to codes. it doesn't fix anything. If you get your vehicle computer read by a code reader it wont always tell you the source of the problem.. example, my 01 windstar I used to own, gave me a P0107 Engine Lean Bank One. I sourced the problem to be the intake gaskets, the dealer said i had a bad injector. Get the code. And post it here. I should be able to help you.
[size=75]I hold Wrench, you turn truck!![/size]
Swbari00
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Swbari00 »

I finally went back to Advanced Auto Parts and got a second reading on my truck. The guy said the same thing, bank 2 sensor 1. I told him that is what the other guy told me and it is the one right behind the cat. converter. He said no it should be the one on the manifold passenger side. Since the other guy told me the wrong sensor and sold me the one you cut the harness off the OEM sensor and connect it to the new sensor, I couldn't put the OEM sensor back on. The new guy at the store let me exchange my old OEM sensor for a new and correct sensor. In the end, I ended up with 2 new sensors for about $80.

killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

All 3 02 sensor positions use the same GM part # and you should not have to cut the wiring harness to install them. :!:

Always use GM 02 sensors if possible to avoid problems like this. :shock:

Hopefully your problem is solved for now. :?

Steve
Swbari00
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Swbari00 »

So all 3 (i think there are 3) O2 sensors are the same? Hmm. Well at any rate, all the wiring on the truck is still there. It was only the harness on the sensor side that I had to cut as I was not about to cut a harness off the truck. To answer your question, no not all is solved yet as my SES light is still on.

killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Swbari00 wrote:So all 3 (i think there are 3) O2 sensors are the same?
Yes, they are all the same and can be installed in any position. :wink:

Steve
Swbari00
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Swbari00 »

Well if I would have known that then I wouldnt have gotten a second one for free :wink: anyway, it is all fixed now so it seems!

purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by purduecrew »

ebay link for VIN=X engines

Delphi is an OE manufacturer, but is this too good to be true???
[size=75]2003 Black CC
Hot Feet Fix - Quad Light Mod - 30x9.5 BFG A/T -PA3's - Boise Spring Works Kit - PCM TUNE
COMING: ?[/size]
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

I've seen sensors near this price before but not quite that low for a heated one.
04/27/08 update: Just installed all 3 new sensors from the above named e-bay vendor (global automotive). Got em for my 01 CC 4.3 for $19.95 each plus about $9.00 shipping. Borg-Warners and seem to be functioning okay.
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.