vacuum line detached *solved*

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

Fishinandgettin

vacuum line detached *solved*

Post by Fishinandgettin »

Hello, I would like to thank all of you for getting me through a few tense moments with my CC. I read the forum everyday, but I have never logged on.

My reason for contacting all of you involves the vacuum lines on my truck. My HVAC controls do not work properly, air out of the vents only, you know the common story. I have read every posting from this site concerning this problem and performed all of the suggested fixes. This weekend after changing the transfer case switch, I located a vacuum hose that was not conected to anything.

Does anyone know where I can get a vacuum line diagram for a 2003 CC?

I tried the proper way to post apicture and didn't get it. Here is link if any of you want to take the time to look.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welc ... bFk3YuWLi4

Sorry, I'm a rooky.

[b]Edited title-HJ[/url]
Last edited by Fishinandgettin on Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:26 am, edited 6 times in total.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Check the information forum for how to post an image. We can not view a picture that is not hosted on an internet server.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Here is your photo. I will take a picture of this line in my truck and post it in a few. Oh ...Welcome forum.

[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

See if this helps. I cant see where the line goes but it appears to be connected to something that is inside the fender rite under the bolt you can see in the right hand side on my picture. Get a mirror and look up under that bracket.

[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

That line connects to the vacuum reservoir.
This is a plastic tank in the left front fender that retains a reservoir of vacuum for time when the engine produces little vacuum. Under acceleration the engine develops very little vacuum and this tank provides a source to compensate.
Older trucks had a plastic ball.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Off topic but when you mentioned that under acceleration the engines provides very little vacuum. Who remembers vacuum operated wipers? The faster you went, the slower they got :lol:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Fishinandgettin

Post by Fishinandgettin »

Thanks for the help. I can't believe I missed the little connection the hose goes into. I can't express how impressed I am with this forum. Happy holidays to all.
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

This is what its all about. :thumb:
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Wonderful! I am very glad you were able to solve your problem.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I spent my school days in Dayton. Neighborhood went down hill since then. Fairview HS?
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by rlrnr53 »

f9k9, there probably not many that remember the joys of vacuum wipers. on flat land or downhill they were ok, but you didn't want much more than a mist going up hill. Try driving a vehicle with vacuum wipers on an interstate, not a lot of fun. A string tied to the wipers and run through both wing glasses would have been better.
[size=75]Mitch
2001 Polo Green Metallic, no mods,(can't afford any)[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

rlrnr53 wrote:f9k9, there probably not many that remember the joys of vacuum wipers............
Yeah, sadly to say that you are correct :(
snocat1
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by snocat1 »

f9k9 thats telling your age :hide:
[size=75]2001 crew cab with a quick hatch tonneau cover
235/75/15 bridgestone dueler at revos[/size]
Torskdoc
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Torskdoc »

Welcome to the club. I remember quite a few cars of mine that had vacuum wipers. 1954 Studebaker commander(my 1st engine overhaul @ 11 years old), 1962 rambler American, 1971 AMC MAtador Wagon, 1961 & 1960 Ford Falcons. Dad made a vacuum reservoir out of a #10 can and soldered fittings on the end along with a check valve. No more wiper problems. This was back in the late 60's. It lasted thru 3 cars.

How many remember vacuum operated automatics (push button automatics, later models went to cable operated push buttons); Hydraulic knee action shock absorbers; foot operated starter buttons; all metal dashboards (no padding), horn "rings"; turn signal "flags"(early 50's VW's); King pins on solid axles, Straight 8's with pistons large enough to take a bath in....The list goes on and on.

If you find that the reservoir isn't filling the bill, get a 18" section of 4" PVC PIPE, 2 CAP ENDS, AND FITTINGS(or 24" of 3" pipe) . Drill holes for the fittings, screw them on and seal with RTV. Let sit a day and then Glue the end caps on the 18" piece. Install on the frame with large hose clamps run your hoses to that instead of the small reservoir. Plenty of reserve especially if you're running in 4x4 AND switching heat to def and back while going up a long hill under load with throttle open more than 50%. Like an air tank in reverse. The larger the tank, the longer you'll have vacuum. Drawing of what I have in mind. Feel free to copy it, modify it.
Larry
2002 S-10 ZR-5 Quad-CAB
1995 GMC Jimmy 4Dr. SLT
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

gocntry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by gocntry »

f9k9 wrote:Off topic but when you mentioned that under acceleration the engines provides very little vacuum. Who remembers vacuum operated wipers? The faster you went, the slower they got :lol:
:lol: I Used To Have A 1963 Internetional Scout With Vacuum Wipers :lol:
Torskdoc wrote:How many remember...all metal dashboards (no padding)...
I Have A 1965 Chevelle SS Undergoing A Sloooow Restoration With That Feature, My Dad Bought This Car New In 1965 And It Slowly Rotted Away Over The Years Then Was Given To Me To Fix If I Wanted :D
The Crew Is Gone, Now I Have A Hoe
mudtaxi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by mudtaxi »

i ha that same line and i couldnt figure out where it went so put a ball bearing in it