Hit a deer last night.........

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

Hog18Jags
Regular
Regular

Hit a deer last night.........

Post by Hog18Jags »

I have a 2001 Crew and I hit a deer on the way home last night. My grill has shifted over to the left about 3 inches, the lower grill is busted and the left side of my bumper is pushed back into the wheel well about 3 inches and the bumper trim is popped off a little. The chrome part of the grill in the middle with the chevy emblem is broke also. The lower air dam is also cracked.

I have to get an estimated for insurance. How difficult is it to replace everything or should I just let the bodyshop handle it? Thanks.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Wait and see what the bodyshop estimates are. They will give you a list of what needs to be done. Share that list with us and we will have a better idea of what you are up against.
Pictures would help too.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Hog18Jags
Regular
Regular

Post by Hog18Jags »

I just got back from getting my estimate.......$1070.03 He put in to replace the following:

Front Chrome bumper, impact strip, Left Headlight assembly, Grille assembly and lower air deflector....he didn't see anything bent underneath the bumper, just the left corner of the bumper itself. It may pull out. Sorry, I'm at work and I don't have any pictures yet. Again, thanks.
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

Certifit parts has an online catalog and might be close by. You could probably find all your parts there for a significantly lower price..
[size=75]I didn't do it, it was already like that when I got it.[/size]
GeorgesBlazah
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by GeorgesBlazah »

That deosnt sound bad at all. The bumper is held on with about 4 bolts in the center and another two behind it in each wheel well. Sounds like a couple hours worth of work...shouldnt be too bad.
[size=75]98 blazah w/ super stuff[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Looks like approx $460.00 and an hour for you to fix it. The price is from http://www.rock-auto.com $208 of that was shipping to my location. You can find a lot of that stuff on Ebay.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
GeorgesBlazah
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by GeorgesBlazah »

Or locally too. I jsut recently rebuilt my wrecked daily and I got a bed, hood, fender and inner fender for 250! Craigslist works wonders too!
[size=75]98 blazah w/ super stuff[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

GeorgesBlazah wrote:Or locally too.
x2
Check your local salvage yard. They sometimes sell new aftermarket parts that may be an affordable option too.
Not only does this keep jobs in your hometown, but it can save shipping charges, and make a valuable connection for future needs.
Worth your time to check them out.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK