Bottom Front Bumper

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

Rebel-Chevy
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Bottom Front Bumper

Post by Rebel-Chevy »

i noticed today that i cracked the bottom plastic part of the bumper that has the front license plate holder on it, anyone know a price on this or have one layin around?
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

What year is your CC and is it an LS model? Mine is an 01 LS and I have found several on E-Bay. Price isn't bad but they want an arm and a leg for shipping. I priced one at the local dealership. Man that was a sobering experience! :shock: Not to mention you have to paint it after you get it. :( I then patched mine with some cut up black oil bottles and pop rivets. Don't look cool but it's holding so far and the price was right. Also if you have the LS you will have to buy not only the lower valance (and verify by picture which style you have) but also probably at the very least the push-in retainers behind the rubber divider strip on the bumper. I looked at LMC but wasn't able to find my style bumper there. :roll: You might have better luck than I did.
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
Rebel-Chevy
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rebel-Chevy »

its an 01 LS. ill probbly go to the junkyard and look see what i can find. its not like falling apart but there is a big crack from the bottom of the license plate holder all the way over to the recovery hook.
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Good luck to ya! Mine is vertical halfway between tow hook and outer end of bumper. Caused by what looke like a stick in the mud on the road. Turned out to be a piece of pipe! :yikes:
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
Rebel-Chevy
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rebel-Chevy »

yeah i think mine was a rock/stepup out in the bush the other night, but didnt notice it till now.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

If you are not going to be prone to damaging the front valance, there are some very cool ones out there with holes for adding fog lights.
I'll second the idea to watch ebay. If you have a local salvage yard, you may find good options there as well.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
12bridn
Regular
Regular

Post by 12bridn »

I found a new one on ebay for less than $40 shipped. I had to modify the license plate part to fit the duct for the radiator, but it looks great.

[size=75]2004 S10 ZR5 stock w/Leer cap 146K [/size]
12bridn
Regular
Regular

Post by 12bridn »

This is the one. The shipping cost has gone up since I purchased mine, my total cost was $37.04:

link't long url-HJ
[size=75]2004 S10 ZR5 stock w/Leer cap 146K [/size]
williamcstonejr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by williamcstonejr »

Wow that is a good price. Mine was just replaced from the dealer and was over $200.00 and it was yellow when it arrived at the bodyshop. Good info for future sticks/pipes in the mud :lol:
[size=75]All it takes is time and money.....the two things I don't seem to have very much of[/size]
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Hey bridn! You're lucky. I can find quite a few like the style on yours but it gets a little tougher on an 01 LS model. :(
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

How close are you to St. Louis, or KC?? http://www.certifit.com

$32.44 97-04 LS 4WD S-10 :D
[size=75]I didn't do it, it was already like that when I got it.[/size]
drperry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by drperry »

Mine is missing a chunk off of one end :D

Shipping for me to get one from ebay is like $150 :lol:
2005 Chevy Blazer
5 Speed 4x4
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

border man wrote:How close are you to St. Louis, or KC?? http://www.certifit.com

$32.44 97-04 LS 4WD S-10 :D
Hey, thanks for the link. Price looks a lot better than any other I've found. I'm actually closer to Denver than KC but they say on their site shipping is available from KC and not from Denver. Gonna call em to make sure. :)