Introduce myself, South American Crew Cab

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

fpieri
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Introduce myself, South American Crew Cab

Post by fpieri »

Hi guys,

Yesterday and discovered your site s-10crewcab.com
I am from south America (my country is Uruguay).
My s10 cc (year 2001) is assembled in Brazil and has a MWM Sprint 2.8 Turbo Diesel with Intercooler (132CV) engine. But is has a lot of components made in USA and Canada.
I think is a good truck and i enjoy off roading (we have a group at www.4x4URuguay.com, forum in spanish).

The s10 made in Brazil (as you know the s10 is the sales leader since 12 years ago, also in my country) is slightly different from the USA model. Main differences in the front. I can post some pictures and youtube videos also.

Also, i will ask for somebody knowledge because i need a replacement for my airbag control module (center console). The Part Number is: 16218445 (i did not found it in ebay).

Thank you in advance

Fermín Pieri

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrAQfNB0x60
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

:woohoo:

Welcome! :wave:

Finally someone who can tell us what the Hp or Kw and torque that turbo diesel has!
What kid of mileage do you get?

Really jealous over here. Wish we had the option.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

After all this time, an elusive Brazilian S-10 owner. Your trucks have some cool options we were never offered. Welcome
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

Welcome to the forum! I'm excited to hear about this truck, I'm really jealous we can't get the diesel engines here. Pics would be great!
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
Too Many Mods Check the Readers Rides Page
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Welcome to the forum!!
I did some quick searching on some oem websites for gm and ac delco and the part number you have listed did not come back as found or valid. Sorry. Perhaps it is unique in design or number to the South American trucks??
We look forward to your contributions to the site.
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
fpieri
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by fpieri »

HenryJ wrote::woohoo:

Welcome! :wave:

Finally someone who can tell us what the Hp or Kw and torque that turbo diesel has!
What kid of mileage do you get?

Really jealous over here. Wish we had the option.
Hi Henry, thanks for your reply.
Well, GM before year 2000 assembly this truck with the MAxion 2.5 Turbo diesel engine (as i know the engine is designed by Rover and used in Ford Ranger, Chevrolet s10 and Blazer, Mercedes Benz Sprinter, Land Rover Discovery, etc.) All with the same result: Bad.
In year 2000, GM started to put the MWM Sprint engine and since that day, all that the users says: "GREAT ENGINE, GREAT TRUCK". Ford put the Powerstroke engine (international) since that day also with good success.

Why DIESEL?
In my country and other in our area, not only trucks and buses work with diesel, but also cars and trucks. Why? simply because the diesel was the half of the price of the gasoline.
Since 2 years ago, this is changing and now the diesel price is the same as the gasoline price.
But if you make some kilometers in a month, you need a diesel engine. GM, FORD, TOYOTA, NISSAN, MITSUBISHI, etc. does not sell the truck with gasoline engine. Only diesel.

In Brazil, since year 2006 they put the MWM 2.8 Electronic engine. the same but with electronic inyection because of the new laws (emissions).
But in my country they continue to sell the "mecanic" inyection model since today. (The quality of the diesel here is a big concern because sofisticated inyection system like common rail and others fail with our diesel, Mercedes, BMW, Peugoet, Citroen, all!).

Economy: my s10 spend 1 liter every 13km in the highway and 1 liter every 10km in the city. The engine is very good, very similar torque of a gasoline model. In the highway you can travel at 150 or 160 km/h normally (i do not travel as fast, always 120 up to 140km/h)

For the engine spec, please visit:

http://www.mwm-international.com.br/def ... 3&idioma=2

the current model is 4.0TCE (140CV) electronic

the one in my truck is 4.0TCA (132CV)

i have a lot of pictures of our weekends with the 4x4 group. so i will start to upload something this days if you like.

thanks

Fermin
fpieri
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by fpieri »

roadrunner wrote:Welcome to the forum!!
I did some quick searching on some oem websites for gm and ac delco and the part number you have listed did not come back as found or valid. Sorry. Perhaps it is unique in design or number to the South American trucks??
We look forward to your contributions to the site.
Hi, thanks

I guess that they use part numbers regarding the year of the vehicle and may be regarding the country to be sold.
But i guess other part numbers will be compatible. Tomorrow i will write all the info in the label and i will let you know. I do not think is a unique design. all the other components are the same: accelerometers down the radiator support, driver airbag, passenger airbag, etc.

The point the users here does not find good in this truck is the front suspension. The use not good shocks.

I replaced them by RANCHO 5000 and also gain some cm (may be 6) with the torsion bars. I use a set of 31"x10.5 R15 MUD TERRAIN TOYO TRANSPATH TIRES with very good results. for the normal use i have a set of 235/75R15 all terrain goodyear wrangler tires.

Also i replaced the cover of the engine in the front because of the intercooler radiator in the front .

Bye, thanks

Fermin
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Jeez, I got so excited I forgot to help. Try here: http://www.directauto.com/ Rumor has it that they ship to other countries. http://www.rockauto.com/ and http://www.partsamerica.com/ ship to other countries as well. LMC truck may ship outside the USA.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
williamcstonejr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by williamcstonejr »

A whole bunch of envy here, I wish I could get my hands on one here for a good price. Add an extra tank with a coil for vegetable oil tie it into the main fuel system and I am sure it would pass emissions. I am jealous
:drool:

OBTW a VERY big WELCOME :rock:
[size=75]All it takes is time and money.....the two things I don't seem to have very much of[/size]
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

Yeah that truck must have some grunt for towing and 23.5mpg roughly city! Thats amazing!
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
okie s10
Crew
Crew

Post by okie s10 »

Absolutely cool to have a member from another country. The knowledge spreads to all! I'm new here also but I can say Welcome aboard.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Wow, I am sincerely speechless. 8) We'll be here if, you need help and IF, we can help. Welcome aboard~~

[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
williamcstonejr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Yeah that truck must have some grunt for towing and 23.5mpg roughly city! Thats amazing!
I keep mine out of the city as much as possible! If I catch too many lights and I can average 13 mpg. The stupid Oscars where going on and they shut down Hollywood Blvd from Orange to Highland. I was digging a whole directly next door to the Chinese theatre. Getting to the freeway at the end of the day was a major nightmare (Did I mention I hate Southern California) MPG went waaaaaaaaaaay down. Now that would make my truck 10mpg less efficient than the diesel. In my mind the extra fuel burned sitting in L.A. traffic more than caught up to what the diesel would have put out with the extra fuel burned. I am :bonk: thinking these politicians need a swift :kick:
[size=75]All it takes is time and money.....the two things I don't seem to have very much of[/size]
fpieri
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by fpieri »

Thank you very much for the welcome!

10 Km/L is about 23.52 Mpg (CITY)

12 Km/L is about 28.23 Mpg HIGHWAY
13 Km/L is about 30.58 Mpg HIGHWAY

BUT, our gaspoline and diesel price is not the same as in the US.

Here, 1 liter of diesel today cost: USD 1.40
Gasoiline price is almost the same: USD 1.42

How much is the diesel price in US today?
thanks

Fermín

Link't images over 100k limit-HJ

the cause of the airbag module deaf...
Image[/img]
kwalsh
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kwalsh »

Welcome aboard Fermin!

You have an excellent truck there. Your km/L or MPG is making us Americans very jealous. I would love to have your engine in my truck instead of the 4.3L.

Again welcome and thanks for sharing with us.

Regards,
KWalsh
[size=75]"Pain = weakness leaving the body."[/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Diesel prices around my area are around $3.70USD per gallon, which I believe works out to around $1USD per liter...if I did my math right. :)
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

I went through deep water a year ago during some flooding and it set my airbag light I'm assuming your airbag light is on? I thought I had shorted something out but I gave it a couple days to dry and the light went off.
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
fpieri
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by fpieri »

green02crew wrote:I went through deep water a year ago during some flooding and it set my airbag light I'm assuming your airbag light is on? I thought I had shorted something out but I gave it a couple days to dry and the light went off.
Yes. my airbag light is on since that day. The truck was in the water for 3 hours so it came inside. so the airbag control unit was affected by the water.
Of course the front sensor (accelerometers) were "inside" the water but i tried to replace them but the airbag light is still on. so, i think the control unit (inside the center console) is damaged.

The same place, with MT tires no problem. but this day i was talking over the phone and also i were with standard tires. i came out by the window.
LUVMY02CREW
Crew
Crew

Post by LUVMY02CREW »

WELCOME!!!

Be sure to pass along this forum info to others down in the DEEP SOUTH so a new section just for the South American guys will need to be added... :)

That video link and pictures were very nice. I'm not a mudder but I do like to watch some of these videos that have been posted here. Can't afford the fixes that would need to be done after days like that :lol:
[size=75]ALWAYS pray for and expect the best, but be prepared for the worst! Life seems to operate a little smoother for me this way[/size]
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

Haha well that will do it! The water I went through was not that deep!
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

HaHa! Looks like a NW KS mail route road in a rare rain storm. Hmmm, maybe that's why my repairs are so frequent and expensive???
Seeing that waterlogged truck reminds me why I don't do that. Too expensive to keep running with my "normal?" driving!
23-30 mpg! Yeah, I'm very jealous of that!
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
fpieri
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by fpieri »

LUVMY02CREW wrote:WELCOME!!!

Be sure to pass along this forum info to others down in the DEEP SOUTH so a new section just for the South American guys will need to be added... :)

That video link and pictures were very nice. I'm not a mudder but I do like to watch some of these videos that have been posted here. Can't afford the fixes that would need to be done after days like that :lol:
Well, water, if you remain inside for a while is the worst thing for the vehicle.
After that day, 1 week later i experienced starter problems so the started needed to be fixed. Afortunately, nothing more than that.

When we go mudding, well, a very good wash of the chassis, engine a body and interior. I have the truck since 1 year ago. I went to many weekends of mudding (beach also). Until now only the starter failed. But i saw other to brake differentials, engines, and many other things.

No i am looking to buy a Jeep Cj7 1980 with a very good 6 cilinders turbo diesel engine (nissan?) and locking differentials in the front and rear end, also 35" MT tires just for the days of fun. Just as a second or third vehicle for the fun (i use the truck as a daily vehicle).

Here they love japanese trucks like the Toyota, Nissan, Mitsubishi, etc.

thanks

Fermín
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Hey Fermin, Some of those "rice grinders" are pretty good trucks too. I know some folks look down on them but they, just like all others, have their good and bad points. One thing I do know for sure, they sure hold their resale values better! :shock:
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

Bienvenido Fermin. Que haces en Paraguay? Aqui todo el tiempo hablamos de las trocas que vende GM en Sur America i como tienen motores diesel. Mi troca es del ano 2000, i la mayoria de las partes son hechas en Brasil. Aqui en EEUU no vendieron estas hasta la ultima parte del ano 2001.
[size=75]I didn't do it, it was already like that when I got it.[/size]
fpieri
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by fpieri »

border man wrote:Bienvenido Fermin. Que haces en Paraguay? Aqui todo el tiempo hablamos de las trocas que vende GM en Sur America i como tienen motores diesel. Mi troca es del ano 2000, i la mayoria de las partes son hechas en Brasil. Aqui en EEUU no vendieron estas hasta la ultima parte del ano 2001.
Muchas gracias. Hasta el momento había olvidado pedir disculpas porque mi inglés no es muy bueno. Incluso releyendo alguno de los mensajes que escribí veo varios errores de ortografía, letras que faltan, etc. Pido disculpas.

En realidad yo vivo en Uruguay que es un poco más al sur que Paraguay, sobre el Río de la Plata. Es un país pequeño, muy lindo y muy tranquilo que invito a que visiten. Tal vez hayan oído de Punta del Este, un lugar muy lindo para pasar el verano.

Aquí yo me dedico al rastreo (tracking) de camiones de carga y otros vehículos.

Con respecto a las s10, si, efectivamente han tenido un muy buen suceso en Brasil, Argentina y Uruguay. Aun al día de hoy es la líder en ventas en su segmento. Algunos de los materiales usados en Brasil no son tan buenos como en USA y Canada pero en general pienso que es una buena camioneta. La verdad que la s10 tiene una muy buena apariencia, es muy confortable y su motor MWM 2.8 TDI realmente muy agil, es como un auto.

Yo no sé, pero el nuevo motor electrónico MWM 2.8 (el 4.07TCE) cumple con euroIII. Tal vez pueda pasar los controles en USA. Ahora bien, no creo que sea un motor muy barato.

Bueno, les mando un saludo, y gracias!

Fermin
24digger
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 24digger »

:shock: :?: What he say? :lol:

There's no place for that kinda talk here. :!: :wink:
[size=75]2002 Yellow Crewcab, Gaylord X2000 Lid, Ventvisors, Painted to match bugshield, Stepshields, K&N filter,rear swaybar, Bed X-tender,Window Tint, 1.25" wheel spacers,overhead console with trip computer, steering wheel with radio controls, bilsteins, optima redtop, taylor wires. flowmaster 40 muffler, energy suspension swaybar bushings[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

24digger wrote: What he say?
Babelfish translation: wrote:Thank you very much. Until the moment it had forgotten to request excuses because my English is not very good. Rereading some of the messages that I wrote I even see several errors of spelling, letters that lack, etc. I request excuses. In fact I live in Uruguay that is a little to the south more than Paraguay, on the River of the Silver. It is small, very pretty and very calm a country that I invite that they visit. Perhaps they have heard of End of the East, a very pretty place to spend the summer. Here I dedicate to the tracking (tracking) of trucks and other vehicles. With respect to s10, if, indeed they have had a very good event in Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay. To the day of today he is even the leader in sales in its segment. Some of the materials used in Brazil are not as good as in the USA and Canada but in general I think that it is a good light truck. The truth that s10 has a very good appearance, is very comfortable and its motor MWM 2,8 TDI really very agil, is like a car. I do not know, but new electronic motor MWM 2,8 (the 4.07TCE) fulfills euroIII. Perhaps it can pass the controls in the USA. However, I do not believe that it is a motor very cheap. Good, them control a greeting, and thanks!
The translations can be a bit rough, but mostly understandable.

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Rockrz
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rockrz »

04crewvt wrote:After all this time, an elusive Brazilian S-10 owner. Your trucks have some cool options we were never offered. Welcome
That's what I'm talkin 'bout...like I'd love to put the entire front clip of that truck on mine, cause it's way different and looks very nice.
williamcstonejr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

:puke:
Rockrz wrote:That's what I'm talkin 'bout...like I'd love to put the entire front clip of that truck on mine, cause it's way different and looks very nice.

We all like something different. I like chocolate my wife likes vanilla. :wink:
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

I don't really dig the front end too much. It just doesn't match the rest of the truck right.

Sorry for the Spanish guys, I promise I didn't say anything bad about you all.lol I wanted to make our new guest feel even more welcome than he already is.....................
williamcstonejr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

In the videos it looked like a Ford Ranger coming at you. Kind of like taking a drink of what you think is orange juice but you get milk….it just aint right
fpieri
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by fpieri »

Hey, look at this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBoOqeEI ... re=related

is not good quality but you can see the crewcab performance in the most difficult place...

this sunday we have MUD! so i will upload some fresh photos next monday

the front of the usa model is not bad, it is very nice. the brazilian one is different. i like both!

you can see other videos at www.youtube.com/fpieri

bye

Fermín

PD: sorry for the spanish message, and also sorry for my english
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

No apologies needed. Both languages are used in proper form :D

- ThunderII KE7CSK
Rockrz
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rockrz »

kwalsh wrote:I would love to have your engine in my truck instead of the 4.3L
What I'd like to put in my truck is the new Cadillac 250hp diesel V6 they just released in Europe to compete with Mercedes and BMW

Only, I'd like to hook up at least one turbo with intercooler to get a little more power.
But, as is with 250hp this would be alot more powerful than the 4.3L engine

border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

Supposedly the major manufacturers were waiting until after 2007 (because of the new diesel emission standards) to begin introducing small diesels in the USA. That is one of the reasons Heep and VW did not offer the Liberty and Jetta diesels after 2006. Most of the small diesels now being sold in the EU states, would meet or exceed the Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel emissions standards. Look for 1/2 ton diesels from Toyota/Nissan/GM/Ford/(Dodge, if they still exist) in 2009.
Rockrz
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rockrz »

I think it'd be cool to have this diesel in the engine compartment, and then rig up an electric system in the bed to use for highway use.

I know that's alot of trouble to appease the climate change crowd who thinks mankind is destroying the earth in spite of over 19,000 scientists who are saying it's NOT caused my mankind.

But, it'd be kinda cool to be able to use electric some of the time to save money on fuel. Maybe out on the highway electric might workout OK.
[size=75]I'm drivin a...2003 Chevy S10 Ex Cab LS 2WD, Auto, 4.3L, Vin Code X[/size]
purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by purduecrew »

I thought I was rough on my crew cab :lol:

Welcome!

Want to help us set up a group purchase on those 2.8L diesels?
[size=75]2003 Black CC
Hot Feet Fix - Quad Light Mod - 30x9.5 BFG A/T -PA3's - Boise Spring Works Kit - PCM TUNE
COMING: ?[/size]
GeorgesBlazah
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by GeorgesBlazah »

Welcome! I feel your pain with sinkin your truck in water....Ive been known to do that haha. Id love a desiel in the Blazer.
[size=75]98 blazah w/ super stuff[/size]
HCO4x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by HCO4x4 »

im intrested too. what cost are we looking at do you think?
[size=75]-2001 s-10 crew - K&N intake, 2" PA body lift, tbar crank, bilstein shocks, 15" american racing baja rims, 31x10.5r15 bfg MUD terrains[/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Welcome to the forum :wave: Great videos and background music :rock:
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
fpieri
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by fpieri »

some pictures of last sunday...

images

over

100k limit-HJ
Guitar831
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Guitar831 »

fpieri wrote:some pictures of last sunday...

100k limit-HJ
From the look of this pic it appears that your engine hood and grille are one complete assembly. Correct? If so then that's cool the differences beteween U.S. and Brazilian S10 trucks. I like the headlights and the 94-97 U.S. model mirrors on your doors. But your tailights... eh I like the U.S. models better.
[size=75]Guitar831[/size]
fpieri
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by fpieri »

Guitar831 wrote:
fpieri wrote:some pictures of last sunday...

100k limit-HJ
From the look of this pic it appears that your engine hood and grille are one complete assembly. Correct? If so then that's cool the differences beteween U.S. and Brazilian S10 trucks. I like the headlights and the 94-97 U.S. model mirrors on your doors. But your tailights... eh I like the U.S. models better.
Hi, yes, the engine hood and grille one assemply. the taillights are the same of the blazer (brazilian also).
If you want i can send pictures of the engine

Thanks,

Fermin
Guitar831
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Guitar831 »

How about some interior pics. Are there any differences between U.S. and Brazilian models?
[size=75]Guitar831[/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Welcome to the site, fpieri. I spent a couple years in Central, and some in South America, and I still have a rough time with the Spanish language. My wife's first language is Spanish though, but she doesn't have the patience to teach me. I've seen some nice S10 CC's down there. And when I was there, they cost thousands less than I paid for mine, and I got an excellent deal on mine, for here anyhow.

Anyhow... :cheers: Una grande cerveza fria de mi parte para celebrar!
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Here's a vid of mine from a couple years ago doing a climb called "Body Shop".Before I did that climb, I saw a saw why it was called that when I saw what was left of their Jeeps at their attemp at the climb. There was one other than me that made it up, most just tried to go downafter they the up attempted couldn't be made. There were some remnants of mirrors and fenders at the bottom. :lol: :?
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
fpieri
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by fpieri »

quickbiker wrote:Welcome to the site, fpieri. I spent a couple years in Central, and some in South America, and I still have a rough time with the Spanish language. My wife's first language is Spanish though, but she doesn't have the patience to teach me. I've seen some nice S10 CC's down there. And when I was there, they cost thousands less than I paid for mine, and I got an excellent deal on mine, for here anyhow.

Anyhow... :cheers: Una grande cerveza fria de mi parte para celebrar!
Hi, the interior is almost the same as us model. Manual transmission.
Here some pictures...

Thanks!

Fermín
fpieri
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by fpieri »

Guitar831 wrote:How about some interior pics. Are there any differences between U.S. and Brazilian models?
Hi, some notes for the interior pictures:

steering wheel is not the original. Then original is not of leather but another "similar" material no as good as leather. The one i have now i bought from ebay (american).

The rear interior mirror has maplights. Now i bougth also the blazer or american crew cab overhead console. I will install it when i have some time...
I need to add the exterior temperature sensor and also find the cable with the speed information in order to have the console to show exterior temperature (refresh is related to the speed of the vehicle).

Do you know where can i find on-line the exterior temperature sensor?
I guess i found the part number somewhere.

Thanks in advance

Fermín
fpieri
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by fpieri »

quickbiker wrote:Here's a vid of mine from a couple years ago doing a climb called "Body Shop".Before I did that climb, I saw a saw why it was called that when I saw what was left of their Jeeps at their attemp at the climb. There was one other than me that made it up, most just tried to go downafter they the up attempted couldn't be made. There were some remnants of mirrors and fenders at the bottom. :lol: :?
Thanks Quickbiker for the welcome,

Thanks also for the video. Here we have a group at www.4x4uruguay.com
We like mud and we go out 1 or 2 times a month. I spent half of a monday to clean chassis, engine and body !! but we have fun!
Now i want to buy a Jeep Cj7 or (YJ very rare here). We have at the group the one and only TJ. Well, the army here had some CJ7. S10 is very good off road but i need to lift it (suspension and body) and may be i will loss the excepcional confort of driving in the 99% use at make of it. So i think the best thing i can do i but a Jeep with V8 engine, lift, 35" mud tires and have fun. Yes, I know, i will need to repair it and mantain very often.

thanks

Fermin

Here you have a picture of the Wrangler TJ ...

[/img]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

I like the music in your vids, fpieri. And nice mud. The wheeling here is mostly rocks, tight trail through woods, and hill climbs. Is it mostly mud trails over there?
fpieri
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by fpieri »

quickbiker wrote:I like the music in your vids, fpieri. And nice mud. The wheeling here is mostly rocks, tight trail through woods, and hill climbs. Is it mostly mud trails over there?
Yes, mostly we have mud and sand, very good dunes. Next weekend we will make a trip to a rocks zone also.

Question about lockers:
Brazilian S10 up to year 1999 came with tracklock wich is a Limited Slip locking differential in the rear axle.
Then, until year 2006 they came with open differential
From year 2006 they started again to use TracLock.

TracLock for me is not enough. So i want to install a full locker like the Richmond Gear Powertrax No Slip traction system. about usd 385 (or similar).

Does the american model include a locking differential in the rear axle?
What is your opinion about the PowerTrax No Slip?

Our brazilian crew cabs have a DANA 44 30 spline open differential in the rear axle.

Thanks in advance!

Fermín
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Wowzers, you serious about d44 stock in your s10? I bet they use the Isuzu D44, that's what I got in mine now, from a Rodeo. Is it an aluminum or cast steel housing? Anyhow, you have allot of choices for what to put in there. I use a Detroit full carrier locker in mine, they are a bit radical on the road, but about the most robust out there. Can also get the power trax or something for stock open rears. Our S10's come with the option of the G80, which is what they call a locking rear, but it really doesn't fully lock, but much better than an open rear.
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Hey Fermin, I see by the pictures (nice truck) you posted you've got an electric pusher fan in front of the radiator. Does that come stock on your diesel models or did you add it yourself? If stock I assume because of the length of the diesel and lack of room between engine and radiator for mechanical fan. Nice picture of the TJ also including the smiling face of the lady passenger. Can't see well enough if driver is smiling. Always nice to see people happy and having a good time! :D
fpieri
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by fpieri »

roadrunner wrote:Hey Fermin, I see by the pictures (nice truck) you posted you've got an electric pusher fan in front of the radiator. Does that come stock on your diesel models or did you add it yourself? If stock I assume because of the length of the diesel and lack of room between engine and radiator for mechanical fan. Nice picture of the TJ also including the smiling face of the lady passenger. Can't see well enough if driver is smiling. Always nice to see people happy and having a good time! :D
Hi, the fan you mentioned is stock. Also it has another, the big one, between the engine and radiator.
The driver of the TJ is always smiling but in this photo does not.
Well, thank you very much for your comments and here you have another smiling picture...

Image :D
fpieri
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by fpieri »

In this picture you can see the big fan between the radiator and engine.

Last edited by fpieri on Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

So is the small fan just an auxillary or runs only when air conditioner is on?
Good to see you're having fun also! 8)
fpieri
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by fpieri »

roadrunner wrote:So is the small fan just an auxillary or runs only when air conditioner is on?
Good to see you're having fun also! 8)
Hey, it runs only when AC is on.
AC and rear wheels ABS is stock in all models
We have here 3 models:

BASIC. AC, no electrical package, standar wheels, no back window, etc, rear wheels ABS

STD, AC, electrical package, aluminun wheels, back window, rear wheel ABS, etc. (also called here FULL EQUIPMENT)

DLX (STD plus 4 wheel abs and airbags, called here EXTRA FULL Equipment)

mine is DLX

in Brazil they sell also another model EXECUTIVE wich has also leather seats, etc.

mine is year 2001 but the model 2008 is exactly the same except for the dash panel wich has less instruments (oil pressure and voltimeter is not present anymore, why????)

mine is stock plus

a) fenders (of model 2006+)
b) air intake (hood, only cosmetic)
c) overhead console (to be installed...)
d) CHEVROLET decal of cargo door (model 2006+)
e) leather steering wheel
f) headlights all white (model 2003+), mine where white and orange but they were no so good
fpieri
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by fpieri »

purduecrew wrote:I thought I was rough on my crew cab :lol:

Welcome!

Want to help us set up a group purchase on those 2.8L diesels?
Hey, in Brazil MWM has the 4.0TCE wich is electronic (EURO 3)
May be will pass the test emissions in US, i do not know.

please visit www.mwm.com.br site wich is also in english and may be the can sell the engine to your country. any other thing i can help please let me know. i live in Uruguay and i have a company only in Uruguay but i have contacts in many places.
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Now that would be an interesting choice if my engine ever wore out.
fpieri
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by fpieri »

Hello, here you have a new video of last sunday march 30th. you can see the performance of the cc compared with other vehicles (wall of sand climb...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Dl7PZe8aqs :D
fpieri
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by fpieri »