Fender Flare question

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

bradjh
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Fender Flare question

Post by bradjh »

Hello, I have a 2002 crew cab and when i bought it from a friend of mine he seems to think that the person who owned it before him may have bit the passenger side rear fender flare and it may have been replaced. Because when i bought the truck the rear fender flare was fading and know it is getting worse it is just the one flare. Can i just take it off and repaint it? Its plastic? How do i take it off? what paint should i use? Or should i replace it? Where can i find a replacement besides a local junkyard... thankyou.. Brad
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

One of mine on my ZR5 started to get discolored so 1 week before my warranty was up, I had them replace it. I don't know how to get them on and off though.
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Inside the fender will be rubber grommets. Take them out and throw a socket on the nuts. I think they are 10 MM.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Re: Fender Flare question

Post by 04crewvt »

the person who owned it before him may have bit the passenger side rear fender flare and it may have been replaced.
Who was he? JAWS :!: :!:
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]