"Robust Fuel System"

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

"Robust Fuel System"

Post by roadrunner »

Anybody out there have access to an OEM service manual for the 01 CC which might explain what this is. I ran across it when looking up new fuel pumps for my CC. It calls for a different pump and a different level sensor kit as well. RPO code is listed as K53. My truck doesn't have it and isn't flex-fuel capable (don't know if related to this or not) according to the dealer. Just curious what it is and if perhaps more durable than standard? :?:
Last edited by roadrunner on Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
Tony
Crew
Crew

Post by Tony »

I replaced the pump in my 2001 Sonoma this summer.

1st: I have the service manuals, and I found the RPO code, but nothing really directing me where to go.

2nd: There is a TSB out. There is a updated pump/sender assembly out. The TSB lists which GM part number to use. I bought a Delphi pump and cross referenced the new part number. The float for the sending unit is longer and shaped differently. Also you're supposed to get the PCM reflashed. When I went to do that it already had the most updated programing.
[size=75]-Tony
[b]2001 GMC Sonoma Crew Cab SLS[/b] | 4.3L 262ci 90º V6; Hydra Matic 4L60E |
0 mods getting it back to factory shape then modding.[/size]
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

So, Tony, what's the updated GM and delphi part numbers? Anything else pertinent in the tsb other than reflash? According to your and my truck profiles I think our trucks would take the same pumps etc.
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Updated numbers Tony??? Stopped by the local GM dealer today and inquired about the Robust Fuel system. They had no clue. All they could tell me is if I provided my VIN they could tell me exactly what was on my truck. :roll: Told em that wasn't the issue. I just wanted to know if it was a heavier-duty pump or perhaps for E-85. Dumb looks was the only answer I got. :shrug: