DTC's P0141, P0442, & C0221....?

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

WVHogRider
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

DTC's P0141, P0442, & C0221....?

Post by WVHogRider »

OK, so after cleaning the EVAP canister...I cleared the SES light DTC codes P0141, P0442 & C0221. So hopefully the P0442 code was fixed.. :roll: The P0141 is an O2 sensor Bank 1 Sensor 2, and all but one of those are original..(7 years old)... :oops: so they will be replaced soon..like when I install the cap, rotor & plugs that has been sitting here... :lol: The only thing I can't figure out is what to do about the C0221. It's the code for the right front wheel speed sensor circuit open. My ABS light started going on & off a while back in sharp turns only....It's now to the point where it started staying on. :?: Does this mean I need to replace the wheel bearing????... Or can I pull that wire-plug out that goes into the bearing & just clean it? :?:
[size=75]'01 CC w/ a bunch of Mods. More always on the way.
Realization...All women need medication...Just find one on the right medication & make sure she stays on it!!!![/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: DTC's P0141, P0442, & C0221....?

Post by HenryJ »

WVHogRider wrote: Does this mean I need to replace the wheel bearing????...
Probably
can I pull that wire-plug out that goes into the bearing & just clean it?
Worth a shot of the bearing is good. Look for damaged wires too. BTW if the sensor is covered with black metal shavings, the bearing is bad.

I have also run into a few ABS pump failures too. This may not be related to your problems, but something to look forward to ;) be kind to it when you service the brakes.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
WVHogRider
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: DTC's P0141, P0442, & C0221....?

Post by WVHogRider »

HenryJ wrote:
WVHogRider wrote: Does this mean I need to replace the wheel bearing????...
Probably
can I pull that wire-plug out that goes into the bearing & just clean it?
Worth a shot of the bearing is good. Look for damaged wires too. BTW if the sensor is covered with black metal shavings, the bearing is bad.

I have also run into a few ABS pump failures too. This may not be related to your problems, but something to look forward to ;) be kind to it when you service the brakes.
I'll pull the sensor & try the cleaning first... :!: However, I'll probably end up replacing it when I do the complete brake system replacement.. :oops: .....Currently running with no parking brake pads in the truck at all, got a rear brake pad going really thin, & now feel a rotor starting to shimmy...... :oops: I do know all 4 tires lock up (old school style) currently when getting on the brake pedal.. :lol: Sometimes I been locking them up on purpose... :lol:

:roll: Not enough time in a day to get everything done...hanging with the daughter, dating, partying, working/modding on the harley---(apehangers coming very soon)...Just not much time to give to the truck..... :roll:
Realization...All women need medication...Just find one on the right medication & make sure she stays on it!!!![/size]
WVHogRider
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WVHogRider »

Oh....Check out the new sig "realization"..... :lol: :lol: