DTC P1406

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

24digger
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

DTC P1406

Post by 24digger »

I did the egr plate mod on my 95 cpi not sure if this code was there before I did the mode or not because light was already on.

When I looked it up I found it could be egr or evap canister.

Henryj this question is for you. On the plate I made I drilled a half inch hole and an eighth inch hole (I think) in the plate I made. Maybe I should go a little bigger on the eighth inch hole?
[size=75]2002 Yellow Crewcab, Gaylord X2000 Lid, Ventvisors, Painted to match bugshield, Stepshields, K&N filter,rear swaybar, Bed X-tender,Window Tint, 1.25" wheel spacers,overhead console with trip computer, steering wheel with radio controls, bilsteins, optima redtop, taylor wires. flowmaster 40 muffler, energy suspension swaybar bushings[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

It may be that you just need to clean the carbon from your 1/8" hole if it has been working.
If this is a new mod, then step larger until it no longer sets the code. Make sure the 1/2" hole is on the pintle side. The mushroom head valve needs to be able to enter that hole a little without touching.

I had to go to 9/32" on my inline restrictor for the 2001 4.3L , but I also have a restrictor at the exhaust manifold drilled 1/8".

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
24digger
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 24digger »

OK I'll give that a try, really not sure what size hole it was but I'll check them both.
[size=75]2002 Yellow Crewcab, Gaylord X2000 Lid, Ventvisors, Painted to match bugshield, Stepshields, K&N filter,rear swaybar, Bed X-tender,Window Tint, 1.25" wheel spacers,overhead console with trip computer, steering wheel with radio controls, bilsteins, optima redtop, taylor wires. flowmaster 40 muffler, energy suspension swaybar bushings[/size]