2002 sonoma heat problem

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

NHCREWCAB

2002 sonoma heat problem

Post by NHCREWCAB »

My Sonoma has no heat. From what I can tell the heater core isn't plugged both line coming from it are hot. I don't here any vaccum leaks in the dash that I can here. Could the "vent doors" be stuck so the heat can't get through? Or can someone tell me where else to look?
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Welcome to the board.

August and your worried about heat? Is your coolant system full? That is a good place to start looking. Do a little searching here and I am sure others will chime in. I am off to work. Good luck!
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
NHCREWCAB

Post by NHCREWCAB »

heat in August I know but its been so damp here it clears the windshield in the morning. Plus i'd rather worry about it now then in December.
NHCREWCAB

Post by NHCREWCAB »

As I am reading i'm seeing alot about a Transfer case swith being a problem? If that goes to hell will there be a smell of ATF fluid in the cab?
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

I'm not sure I understand completely. Is it that there's no air blowing out at all or that the air that does blow out is not hot?

If you can hear & feel air blowing out but it's not hot, it's very common for dexcool to gum up and clog the heating system (only takes a very little bit of air to contaminate dex). Even if this isn't the cause, the fix is relatively inexpensive and easy DIY project. A couple gallons of green antifreeze, a flush kit and a new radiator cap should run you under $25. Wost case your heat still doesn't work but you've upgraded your cooling system.

Good Luck.
[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]
NHCREWCAB

Post by NHCREWCAB »

The heater blows cold air. I don't think the core is clogged becuase both lines coming from the back of the core are equally the same temp.