4 Months Later

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

TheFue

4 Months Later

Post by TheFue »

It's now been 4 months since I drove my 01 CrewCab home from the dealer, and of cours,e one month after the warranty ended, and I noticed some problems. The ony thing I'm concerned with is if any of these are pretty common issues or if I should be looking deeper into some of them:

-Gas guage is Inaccurate (Known S10 problem, not worried)
-Drivers Side window motor can only move the window a few inches before running out of oomph. pretty sure it needs replaced.
-O2 Sensor throwing trouble code (another known S10 issue)
-Rust on cab corners (Again, S10 issue)
-Passenger Side fender flare is flaling off

Anywho, i guess the only thing I'm concerned with is the window motor, is this oging to be a constant problem? Is there something else I can check before replacing the motor?

The Fender flare problem I determined to be the brackets have rusted to pieces, but i can't seem to find replacement parts anywhere.

To deal with the rust, I'm considering repainting the truck, fixing dents etc and going black with it, the Grampa-Gold is getting a little old...
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

It doesn't seem to me that there are any real issues there. You should expect some malfunctions from vehicles, especially with age and mileage. That is a given and these problems seem minor at best.

The gas gauge us a common problem with these that just sort of has to be dealt with.

The window motor most likely needs replacing. So what? Not a major problem. How many miles do you have? It is an 01 so its about 8 years old now or so.

02 sensors fail, again mileage?

Rust, any vehicle. Sand it, maybe use some rust killer, touch it back up.

My fender flare brackets rusted off as well. Drivers side only? That is most likely due to salt accelerating the corrosion. I used some self tapping screws and simply screwed mine back in, done.
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
Too Many Mods Check the Readers Rides Page
PATRICKH
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by PATRICKH »

I have some issues with my driver side window motor, nothing bad, it just chooses not to work sometimes. I usually let it sit for a minute or two and it works fine.

Had several O2 sensor trouble codes too. replaced all three and seems to be fine. (get used to this one)

I have also replaced the trans, and the fuel pump (fixed my gauge issues)

My CC is also an 01 and I have about 129,000 miles on it. I bought it in Feb of 06, and I love it.

I do agree with you about the color, mine also is that gold, pewter color. I would like to go black.

Anyway, sounds like usualy run of the mill stuff. Alot of it depends on the previous owner and how well they maintained it. (as with any used vehicle)
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

Check the rivets that hold the drive motor for the power window. Mine started lagging before I did the repair because it was binding.

Window motor mount repair
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]