ZR2 fender flare

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

philippe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

ZR2 fender flare

Post by philippe »

do zr2 fender flare will fit directly to our zr5? (it 's wider than our's)
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

No. The ZR2 fenders are different. Bigger wheel openings and a flange.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Kevin S

Post by Kevin S »

Diversified Creations here in Michigan makes what are called LS1 Flares (amongst a bunch of other sweet parts) for the ZR2's. I know they involve cutting the ZR2 fender up a bit, and i believe that in that process you end up cutting off the ZR2 Flare mounting edge. http://www.diversifiedcreations.com/dcS ... asp?id=100

So I am thinking that you might be able to use them on your CC, but I would call and double check with Mike (Owner) or his son (Brad).
http://diversifiedcreations.com

Hope that helps some :)
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

They don't fit our rear fender bulge. He mentioned perhaps casting a set for our rear someday. Not holding my breath though as he has yet to complete the Blazer rear flares. LS1 "Cut-out" Flares - Now available!

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Horsehammerr »

I called Diversified yesterday and was told the LS-1 flares will fit with the same hack job they do to ZR2's. The problem I have with these and EVERY other so called custom flare, is they are all too narrow. I mean how many bigger diameter tires are skinny enough to fit under a flare that only stands 3 inches out from the fender ? Oh sure there are the 33/9.5 AT KO's that some run but I have 8 inch wheels with 3 3/4 inch back space, they stand 4 1/2 inches out of the fenders, even 1 3/4 inches past my stock ZR5 flares.
[size=75]'02ZR5 YellowCruzCab-Airbox chopped,Quadlights,Intake defuser chopped,Precat chopped,HD Bilsteins, 9x16 '84 Corvette wheels, NEXEN 245/50 tires, front & rear Sway bars, All Poly bushings in full suspension, front lowered 3 1/2", ZR2 rearend with 5" suspension lowering , FUN FUN FUN
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

You will have lots less flare by the time you cut the rear flares to match out Izuzu bed, not to mention no place to mount them.
Look at what I did to fit Bushwacker flares and you will see why the rear LS1 flares are not an option.
The person you talked to at Diversified is not aware of our Isuzu bed would be my guess.

- ThunderII KE7CSK