water sloshing sound

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

bradjh
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

water sloshing sound

Post by bradjh »

i hear a sound of water sloshing around in the dash board area when i accelerate, make turns, go up hill, i have asked this on here before and you all said i need to flush and fill radiator, but how do i do that? my self or to a shop? what kind of coolant should i use? i assume the dex cool is still in my truck... what is a step by step process for a flush and fill, where are the drain plugs etc.. thanks for all you help.
WileyHunter
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WileyHunter »

Are you absolutely sure it's coming from the dash?

I heard lots of 'sloshing' this summer (had a h3ll of a monsoon season this year) that sounded like it was coming from the front of the truck. Turned out to be coming from the left rear door. Still not quite sure how it was getting in there, but I had about 4 inches of standing water in the panel. Took an 1/8" drill bit and a cordless drill to the bottom of the door. Problem "sorta" fixed (at least it can drain) :)

WH
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

WileyHunter wrote:Are you absolutely sure it's coming from the dash?

I heard lots of 'sloshing' this summer (had a h3ll of a monsoon season this year) that sounded like it was coming from the front of the truck. Turned out to be coming from the left rear door. Still not quite sure how it was getting in there, but I had about 4 inches of standing water in the panel. Took an 1/8" drill bit and a cordless drill to the bottom of the door. Problem "sorta" fixed (at least it can drain) :)

WH
Contrary to popular opinion, your doors are actually not waterproof. Those "wipers" at the base of the windows do nothing to stop water from flowing into the door when it rains. However, there are drain holes in the bottom of the doors which tend to fill up with road grime, etc. causing the door to fill with water. We had several people in our service dept. freak out on us at various times when they found there was water in the door. It's totally normal though...just make sure those drain holes are kept clean. :)
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
WileyHunter
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WileyHunter »

I would have expected drain holes, but I'm an impatient person... The drill was just way to handy :)

I just found it odd to be only one of the 4, but I didn't check for clogged drains on the other 3 either. Maybe their drains are still clear.
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

This problem occurs fairly frequently for me and yes it is odd but it seems to be the left rear door most of the time. Keep them drains open. Mine had an inch or more of dust/mud in the bottom plugging them up more than once. The drain holes are semi-hidden by the lower door seal/trim piece.
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.