Empty Pigtial

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

PGH04ZR5
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Empty Pigtial

Post by PGH04ZR5 »

I installed a 2" BL the weekend before last and noticed something odd in my headlight harness while reinstalling the front bumper. Clipped to my core support/hoodlatch bracket was a sensor plugged into my harness. I am assuming this is the Temp sensor readout on the overhead inside. Just further down the harness is a matching pigtail with nothing plugged into it that had been taped out of the way, what would have plugged into that pigtail?

I dont recall another feature with the temp readout being offered, the pigtail is matching to the one with the sensor plugged into it.

Just found its placement odd at the time,

Thanks Guys,

Frisk
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

There is a thread on this subject. Seems like it was the European model auto dimming headlamps wiring?

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I don't know if, we ever settled that one. I think I sorted it out and decided it was for export or the auto climate control temp sensor :?:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Auto climate sensor is above the drivers door. Bravadas get them and are included in the wiring harness for the trip computer.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Well, it was definitely for export then but, I am not curious enough to look it up again :lol:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]