bravada overhead console

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

EKperformance

bravada overhead console

Post by EKperformance »

why would you change to a bravada console from an s-10 console? whats the difference?, im new thanks for all your info !
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

The Bravada received the enhanced version of the available options in most cases.
For instance in the overhead console most had the trip computer, and Homelink module.
There was also an aftermarket entertainment center that expanded the console. That is what I installed.

Same goes for many other options the Bravadas had like auto climate control, dimming mirrors, leather interior, power seats. Those are a few things I can think of.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
EKperformance

Post by EKperformance »

right after i posted this i saw the search feature, found alot of great info on it, this is the best site on the web for iinfo
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

EKperformance wrote:right after i posted this i saw the search feature, found alot of great info on it, this is the best site on the web for iinfo
This is one of my next mods and I am actually looking forward to it. I even have the wiring and hardware to install it but, I'm dealing with to vehicles that I mod and I am bouncing back and forth between them :lol:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
anvil
Crew
Crew

Post by anvil »

I had an overhead console in my 1999 that had way more features than the one in my crew. I actually forgot all about it till this thread.
Torskdoc
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Torskdoc »

I got the console guts, electrochromic mirror, compass guts, and the wiring harness from a 2000 Bravada. Plug and play. Also got the front seats(leather) with the 8 way, 2 driver memory, the Floor Shifter and center console last year out of the same truck. Then I got the rear seat out of a 94 Bravada 4dr. 1 piece seat (leather). Had to drill two holes in the front of the floor, and made brackets for the rear mounts to attach to my current mounts. All totalled about $95.at the pick and pull and 3 hours worth of work.

The trip computer is the biggest bang for the buck. It's pretty accurate even with the tank being a couple of gallons smaller. And with the gas gauge being as goofy as it is, the trip computer comes in handy.

Larry
2002 S-10 ZR-5 Quad-CAB
1995 GMC Jimmy 4Dr. SLT
raven2510
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by raven2510 »

adding an overhead console is a great mod so do on an s-series. i added mine and its got to be the best mod for the buck.

but the gas mileage is off b/c of my 31's
1999 Chevy S10 ZR2