Vacuum lines

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

YellowCrewCabber
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Vacuum lines

Post by YellowCrewCabber »

I was reading the article about the bad vacuum switch on the TC going bad and you can check the vacuum lines between the brake mc and fender. I didn't see any tran fluid in the lines but the vacuum lines are nearly toast. They are brittle and cracking but just seem to be in that area only. Kinda odd for a vehicle only four years old. Anyone else have this issue. Is the line going to the transfer case easy to change. I bought 10 feet of vac line today and have started to change out the lines. Cheers.
Jeff
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

The vacuum line from the TC is actually 3 lines built into one, IIRC. It might be a dealer only part.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

f9k9 wrote:The vacuum line from the TC is actually 3 lines built into one, IIRC. It might be a dealer only part.
The t-case switch has a rubber connector on top with 3 vacuum hoses connected to it.

2 hose are for vacuum and 1 hose is just a vent.

All 3 hoses will detatch from the plug for replacement if needed. :wink:

Make sure you buy good quality vaccum hose so that it doesn't collapse under vaccum.

Steve