Floor heat virtually no-existant?

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

PSUJimm
Regular
Regular

Floor heat virtually no-existant?

Post by PSUJimm »

I'm going to try and tap into the wealth of knowledge on this forum again. The heat in my truck works execellant, except I get next to nothing coming out of the floor vents, regardles of what setting I have the heat on. If I put my hand down there I can feel a very slight breeze of air, and it's not even warm. In past s10s the floor heat was always solid but I get nothing with this truck, any ideas?

Also, while I'm pretty sure it's normal, I get alot of heat coming through the dash vents regardless of what setting it's on. I imagine this is just free flowing air thats being forced in outside of the truck and then is heated. Just wanted to make sure thats normal.

Lastly, dumb question of the day. If we have the truck set on DashVent/FloorVent does that also kick on the a/c? Since it's included with the three A/C settings, I just want to make sure that if I have that setting on, and the temp say half way between cold and hot, I'm not wasting gas by running the A/C as well.

As always, your input is apprecitated!
[size=75]03 ZR5...[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

The AC runs to dehumidify the air in all the defrost settings as well as the AC settings.

Make sure all your vacuum lines are in good shape and attached behind the brake booster under the hood. A lack of vacuum can cause little or no heater control function.

If everything else works, listen for the door to move when you direct the flow to the feet. A bad actuator or control could be the problem too.

Check out the transfercase switch thread and make sure you are not drawing fluid into the HVAC system. That is another common issue. Good Luck and let us know what you figure out.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
fragmental

Post by fragmental »

i had the same problem with mine , in my case it was a vaccum hose . Mine also throws heat from the dash as does yours seems to be a common issue if not normal . good luck .
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Ours seem to toss allot of air out of the dash vents. I was very confused by that because my '97 did not do this. My '97 did not have the the option of turning the dash vents off with the wheel located next to each vent while, ours do. I just keep them closed off in cooler weather and open them up again in warmer temps.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Jongo88
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Jongo88 »

Mine seemed to do the same thing. I changed the vacuum pod under the dash just above the gas peddle. There are two there and it is the top one thats hard to get to. It has two vacuum lines going to it. It just snaps in. I picked one up from the junk yard. You want to get one from a two wheel drive so you know that it has no trany fluid in it.
I changed all my pods because they had trany fluid in them. I changed out the vacuum switch and cleaned all the lines out. My ac works on all settings now.
I hope this helps..
2002 GMC Sonoma crew cab 4x4. Tb mod, Air box mod, pre cat delete,B&M shift improver, Trans cooler, Big three ,AD-244 alt,Red top Optima, e-fan, HD Radaitor,265/70-16' on 16x8 TA wheels,, t-bar tweek, 1.5 inch shackles and 2 inch body lift,Skids fender trim, 1.5 inch wheel spacers in front and 2.5 in back, Quad mod and Frog lights.
Transfercase vacuum switch change DO IT!!!