P0016 TROUBLE CODE

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

mcnarski

P0016 TROUBLE CODE

Post by mcnarski »

I recently did a tune up to my 03 Crewcab 4.3ltr. A couple of days after the tune up the service engine light came on, I brought it in to a local dealer, their scanner indicated a CODE P0016 which means a new distributor assembly needed. I've checked and rechecked everything possible, the code does clear with my Hypertech III programmer but returns on the 3 start up. The only thing I seem to question is the rotor alignment, I couldn't find any info on the gap from the rotor to the #6 mark on the housing mine currently is sitting about 3/8 to 7/16 before the housing #6 mark. Is their any special steps I might have missed ? I know how to allign the rotor, but it should have never lost it's place. unless it had something to do with the Hypertech program which I didn't remove before the tune up. Any thoughs or help would be greatly appreciated.

[
mcnarski

Re: P0016 TROUBLE CODE

Post by mcnarski »

I had GM scan the truck, P0016 is distributor failure,, the gear wore out on the bottom of the shaft.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: P0016 TROUBLE CODE

Post by HenryJ »

Are you going to try one of the aluminum replacements?

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK