Crewcab 2002

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

maxboost

Crewcab 2002

Post by maxboost »

Looking at a 2002 crewcab 4x4,can anyone give me the pro's & con's ?
Jongo88
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Jongo88 »

I have a 2002 GMC Sonoma. I love it. The only thing I wish I did before I bought it was check the vacuum switch on the transfer case. I would of got a better deal.
2002 GMC Sonoma crew cab 4x4. Tb mod, Air box mod, pre cat delete,B&M shift improver, Trans cooler, Big three ,AD-244 alt,Red top Optima, e-fan, HD Radaitor,265/70-16' on 16x8 TA wheels,, t-bar tweek, 1.5 inch shackles and 2 inch body lift,Skids fender trim, 1.5 inch wheel spacers in front and 2.5 in back, Quad mod and Frog lights.
Transfercase vacuum switch change DO IT!!!
paintballrocker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by paintballrocker »

yeah i have a 2002 crewcab and love it. i bought it used from the origonal owner with 130,000 miles on it and i havent had any problems. the only thing i dont like is the mpg's was worse than what id thought it would be.
[size=75]2002 CC, westin push bar with 2 lights, bed cover, custom made cat-back exhaust.......soon a steering stabilizer mod, lift, sounds system[/size]
Jongo88
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Jongo88 »

And the small gas tank...
2002 GMC Sonoma crew cab 4x4. Tb mod, Air box mod, pre cat delete,B&M shift improver, Trans cooler, Big three ,AD-244 alt,Red top Optima, e-fan, HD Radaitor,265/70-16' on 16x8 TA wheels,, t-bar tweek, 1.5 inch shackles and 2 inch body lift,Skids fender trim, 1.5 inch wheel spacers in front and 2.5 in back, Quad mod and Frog lights.
Transfercase vacuum switch change DO IT!!!
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Jongo8 wrote:And the small gas tank...
Ummmm, it is a small truck :lol:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Every vehicle has its problems. This one has more than a few , but they are curable.

There are lots of threads here to learn how and what will need to be fixed. HVAC, Suspension components, engine, exhaust.
Depending upon your needs it may or may not be a fit. It gets mileage as bad as a fullsize and with less power.
With any luck you will average less than $1000 in repairs per year of ownership.
Plan on sinking about $3500 into it in five years for sure.
If you want modifications double that number.

I am not a "fullsize guy". The small trucks just work better for my needs. Mine has reached that "sweet spot" I like where it is. It did take eight years to get there though.
They are inexpensive to get into. The cost for insurance and parts is cheaper than an import. Overall , if you do most of the work yourself, they can be very cost effective.

There is lots to read here. I am sure you will find enough to decide one way or the other.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HenryJ wrote:................Plan on sinking about $3500 into it in five years for sure. If you want modifications double that number.....................
Depending on where you live, HenryJ's #s might be on the conservative side. Decide what goal you have decided upon and research your butt off. Google S-10 forums and join them. Research before asking questions on them. Lawd help you if, you ask a question on Pirate 4X4 and you were to lazy to do a search. All this info is out there if, you want to get off you arse and work at it.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]