Offroad Worthy?

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

paintballrocker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Offroad Worthy?

Post by paintballrocker »

hey im going offroading/mudding in my CC this weekend. Mines completly stock and just wondering if any1 knows how well they hadle durinf offroad driving.

thanks

ps. i hope i dont break nothing! haha
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

They are more capable than they appear. Reviews score them high for offroad performance in comparison to comparable vehicles.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
paintballrocker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

cool thanks HenryJ, i needed that cuz i was worring i might break nothing now im not doing any really serious stuff but still i cant afford a repair cost
[size=75]2002 CC, westin push bar with 2 lights, bed cover, custom made cat-back exhaust.......soon a steering stabilizer mod, lift, sounds system[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

First chance you get find some shields. That cast aluminum oil pan worried the heck out of me.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

When you get home, park a water sprinkler under your CC. Move it around 2-3 times to make clean up a little easier.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
paintballrocker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Accutally i just took it to the car wash and wasted $6 washing the under carrage. Any way....

Update:
took it down to the local trail, it wasnt very muddy but me n corey still hit the mud holes. I only bottomed it out 1 n it wasnt bad. all in all i had a hella lot of fun since it was my first time!
[size=75]2002 CC, westin push bar with 2 lights, bed cover, custom made cat-back exhaust.......soon a steering stabilizer mod, lift, sounds system[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Any Pics?

[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
paintballrocker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

nah i was pissed cuz i brought my dig camera but the batteries were dead :x
but it wasnt muddy becuase it hasnt rained good up here yet so when it rains im going back down n hopefully get some good pics :D
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

It is all part of a preflight wheelin' checklist. Charge batteries! :wink: You will get the hang of it in another trip or two.
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

I had the same question, i think even the same wording, lol, when i found this forum a few weeks ago after getting my Crew Cab.

Good info here. Glad you had a good time. I can't wait to take mine offroad, but i want to take it on some easy areas first since I have never offroaded, except twice as a passnager with a friend. I don't plan into getting hardcore into with, with body lifts, 33" tires, but I do want the shields! And maybe a good diff cover.
z28
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Offroad Worthy?

Post by z28 »

These are great trucks off road. Mine is stock and it sure surprised me my first time out. I didnt want to break anything either its my daily driver and it held up great. I even pulled out a friend in a lifted jeep. Ill put up some pics of mine when i have some time to resize them.
2003 S10 Crew Cab ZR5
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

z28 wrote:........Ill put up some pics of mine when i have some time to resize them.
How much time do you need? :mrgreen:
z28
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by z28 »

Im in college, I'd like to claim im busy studying but Im going to have to blame procrastination for this one :D
These pics are from two different outings. Not as impressive as F9K9 but just as fun... untill I had to wash it.
Attachments
P5010044.jpg
P1110045.jpg
2003 S10 Crew Cab ZR5
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

z28 wrote:................ just as fun... untill I had to wash it.
Mud will break you pretty quickly. I avoid it like the plague now. :D
z28
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by z28 »

Every time I get muddy I say Ill never do it again, but it pretty flat around here so mud is the about the only option for using 4x4. This time I got lucky and got my school to let me use the wash bay to clean it up.
2003 S10 Crew Cab ZR5
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

z28 wrote:..................but it pretty flat around here..............
Where's "around here"? You may be surprised.
z28
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by z28 »

Kansas is the flat around here. I know theres a couple parks. Mud just seems to always be more convenient.
2003 S10 Crew Cab ZR5
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

z28 wrote:Kansas is the flat around here..........
I was kinda.....sort of......hinting that you fill out your profile. You never know who may be close by to assist you.