cold heater

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

badsix
Regular
Regular

cold heater

Post by badsix »

i have an 01 cc s10 my heater quit working and its cold here. i do have some questions. is the heater core hot all the time when the engine is hot? you can't regulate the hot water flow? i can here a flap or door open and close when i turn the temp knob. after i drive it for 15-20 min. the hose from the manifold gets warm but the other is cold, me thinks the core is pluged. any ideas ? thanks
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Me thinks the core is plugged too. Running dex?

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

On my old 97 reg cab, 4.3 2wd s-10, my heat stopped working too. I put up with it for a long time, then finally flushed it. It was just clogged with lots of NASTY junk. Heat worked perfectly till I sold it.

Not to get OT from the OP, but whats the big issue with DEX and people recomending switching to green?
Last edited by fallvitals on Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Dex is too easily contaminated by air and or heat. I have never seen a core plug up running green like happens frequently with OAT based coolants. There are lots of good threads on the subject.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
badsix
Regular
Regular

heater

Post by badsix »

i'am going to flush the core in the next day or two. i will hook a garden hose to the hose that comes from the water pump that should back flush i hope. henryj i'am in coos bay on the coast we use to come over to vale to bird hunt great country over there. thanks oh you got a henryj
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Hello neighbor! Stop in sometime and I'll take you for a ride around a country block.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
badsix
Regular
Regular

heater

Post by badsix »

took off my radiator cap tonight looked like it was packed full of mud. so i flushed the heater core with a garden hose. then the radiator and block, got a lot or crud out of them. i going to run some radiator flush through it tomarrow a work anyway the heater works great now. the cc going to really like me now. thanks every one

henryj how about the henry j is it stock or hotroded