Rear Fender Flares Falling Off

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

TMoney

Rear Fender Flares Falling Off

Post by TMoney »

I looked quickly in the forum for a related question but I didn't see an applicable problem.
The rear fender flares on my '02 Crew Cab are falling off. The brackets holding the rivets have completely rusted off and according to my dealer there is no other way to secure the flare without either getting new ones or screwing the flare to the fender from the outside. As you all know OEM flares are ridiculously priced and I care what my truck looks like so I didn't want to pay them to put holes in my fender.

Have any of you had similar problems?
Any suggestions to what I can do? I would imagine a used one in a junkyard would probably not be in any better shape, not to mention having to get it painted.
Should I go with an aftermarket fender flare? they are definitely cheaper..

Any thoughts appreciated....

Thanks
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Bushwacker flares can be made to work. That may be the least expensive flare option. How about just leaving them off? Some body and paint work may be cheaper than adding flares again.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

Rear Flare Issues

Self tapping screws from the bottom lip of the flare, head of the screw facing the ground, into the fender.
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
Too Many Mods Check the Readers Rides Page
DLP
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by DLP »

I used silicone to hold the ones on the jeep. Get a good amount inside the flares edges. Lean something against it until it dries. Or use a clamp.
[size=75][b][color=blue]2003 Blue Crewcab[/b][/color][/size]
TMoney

Post by TMoney »

Thanks everyone.....I'll consider your suggestions.
WVHogRider
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WVHogRider »

I have the same issue going on with mine. The passenger side flare has been sitting behind my couch since last summer when I ripped it off so it wouldn't be flapping in the wind anymore. Yesterday, I noticed the driver side mounts have rusted out. I'll be doing the screw method that Green02 mentioned, but may be after I do the Line-x to the fender well lips & the body rocker panels. 8)
[size=75]'01 CC w/ a bunch of Mods. More always on the way.
Realization...All women need medication...Just find one on the right medication & make sure she stays on it!!!![/size]