Passanger window weatherstrip/trim warped

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Passanger window weatherstrip/trim warped

Post by fallvitals »

I searched but couldnt find any thing. on the front passanger side of my truck, the window trim on the outside at the base of the window (that long rubber strip that rus the length of the window, touches the side view mirror. Its warped and bent up some, I know it just snaps in there, it wont snap./.. does Advance or like places sell replacements?

The drivers side on looks good, but i lifted on it to see how tight it was and it started to come out too! lol. Dads old silverado started to do this.. just curious if its a part i can find at the local auto store.
JaVeRo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by JaVeRo »

Do you have tinted front windows?

I'm just guessing the person installing the tinted windows removed the trim before applying the film and didn't get it back on good. I have one the same way. I just keep pushing it back down. It keeps coming back up.

James
2001 S10 Crew (wife's mail truck)
2002 S10 Crew, 2003 S10 Blazer
2006 K2500 5 speed
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

no, front windows arent tinted, rear ones are, i think thats factory though.
MoJoe
Crew
Crew

Post by MoJoe »

LMC should have every trim part you need. I just had to order a piece or weather strip for my truck last week for the rear passenger door. Check out their web catalog and find which part you need.

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cst/full.aspx?Page=21

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cst/full.aspx?Page=22

These links should get you close to the area of trim.
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

My truck did this on both sides and I just used some weatherstrip adhesive to glue them back down. And no my windows are stock factory tint and I'm the 2nd owner and personally know the original owner so they have not been previously removed for any reason.
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Window weather stripping trim

Make sure it has room to expand. Trim it down.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

I picked up some Black Super Weatherstrip Adhesive today, permatex brand, wanted 3m but it was almost $10!

The directions say to apply a thin film to both surfaces (door sheetmetal and window trim in my case). Allow it to dry. Then apply a thin section of adhesive to weatherstripping only then bond.

I have never heard of any adhesive you apply, let dry, then apply again then finally bond the two pieces. Does that sound right? Does the 1st layer give it, extra bonding power or something?

And any idea how long it might take to dry? Id assume atleast 3 hours? Being my vehicle I might have places to go, lol.
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Contact cement. The two thin layers bond and dry to the parts they are applied to then bond to each other afterwards. Make sure you position them carefully when final assembling as they bond very well at that point.
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

Alrighty, makes sence. Thanks for the reply. I just hope its faster drying then most adhesives.