Problems getting gas *Evap Vent Valve

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

jist1983
Regular
Regular

Problems getting gas *Evap Vent Valve

Post by jist1983 »

Hello all Its been a while. I'm having a problem getting gas, yes every 5 cents it shuts off, gas is back filling and slowly draining. Even trying to put in gas can, gas back fills. The back fill just started yesterday thats new but started having issues last week. Has been going on a week. I'm guessing 1 something is stuck in there, going to look tonight, or 2 my breather house is clogged? if i can find it i'll look tonight. Any other suggestions on whats going on? Anyone else have this issue? Side note a have a small vacuum leak according to advanced auto about 2 mths ago didn't really worry about it but wondering if this has any effect on the emissions from what I'm reading? Whats your ideas?javascript:emoticon(':?:')
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
jist1983
Regular
Regular

Post by jist1983 »

Thanks I'll take a look here tonight and see what i can come up with.
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

I took my evap canister off, cleaned it. Put it back on, got gas, and had the same issue.

When blowing it out with compressor air, i got a seal sideways or something, i fixed it it, and it filled up just fine. Its a cheaper part, id start there. You could even just take it off, get gas, and if it fills up fine,there ya go.
kwalsh
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kwalsh »

Solenoid Valve on the EVAP vent valve is probably the culprit. I recenlty had the same issue and replaced the solenoid valve.

check out this thread
http://www.s-10crewcab.com/phpBB2/viewt ... vent+valve
[size=75]"Pain = weakness leaving the body."[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
jist1983
Regular
Regular

Post by jist1983 »

I'll check that next. I only had enough time last night to pull off the filler neck to take a look nothing stuck in there. I doubt I'll have time tonight to dig into that. But i need to get it looked at real quick driving me insane. My only means of getting gas right now is a gas can and slowly letting it trickle in. :x
jist1983
Regular
Regular

Update

Post by jist1983 »

Well i haven't had time to disconnect everything but the other day before i filled up on gas i crawled underneath the truck and disconnected the Evap Vent Valve Filter i was able to get gas no problem. I then hooked it back up and bam couldn't get gas anymore. I tired to clean this out but I'm guessing its just shot because cleaning it didn't do jack. Thanks for the idea guys i was going insane trying to figure out why i couldn't get gas... Guess i'll have to find one somewhere or just roll with disconcerting it anytime i need gas :roll:
BlackDime
Regular
Regular

Re: Problems getting gas *Evap Vent Valve

Post by BlackDime »

I am having the same problem with my '03 ZR5. I pulled the can off my truck tonight and the filter seems to be fine however, after applying 12 volts to the solenoid it appears to be stuck so I believe that is the problem. After reading some on here I would like to replace it with the one from a 2000 silverado like HenryJ did. My only question was does it make a difference which engine the silverado had in it. I am going to try to order the part tomorrow from my local dealer and wanted to know who has done this upgrade/mod and was there any specifics off the silverado part that I need to obtain the right one?

Thanks,

Scott
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Problems getting gas *Evap Vent Valve

Post by HenryJ »

I am running AC Delco # 214-1078 , GM # 10382105

- ThunderII KE7CSK