Anyone notice?

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Anyone notice?

Post by 04crewvt »

Anyone notice how hard our trucks seem to work to get up to cruising speed compared to a similarly equipped V8 rig. After driving the Tahoe for the better part of a year while getting the crew back in action I think I just got spoiled on how little effort it takes for that big V8 to do what it does.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
kxracer
Crew
Crew

Re: Anyone notice?

Post by kxracer »

04crewvt wrote:Anyone notice how hard our trucks seem to work to get up to cruising speed compared to a similarly equipped V8 rig. After driving the Tahoe for the better part of a year while getting the crew back in action I think I just got spoiled on how little effort it takes for that big V8 to do what it does.
I guess compared to my dads hemi ram, it does work a little harder. I wouldn't call it underpowered though. Coming from my previous lifted 4-cylinder truck, this thing is a rocket ship. I guess if you really want it to struggle less, you could always throw some 4.56s in it. :D
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

My CC has plenty of snap and gets up to speed pretty quickly. But then I am running stock size tires 235x75x15 and have the higher speed rear end (3.24 I believe). Used to seem sluggish till operation pre-cat removal was performed. Only time it sounds like it's running harder is when that big fan is locked up. RPMs don't actually indicate it is running faster though just sounds like it.
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
MoJoe
Crew
Crew

Post by MoJoe »

Mine gets up and moves fine, just a loud engine bay which seems like it is working harder to me. Watching the RPMs it it not working near as hard as it sounds.

Happy I have 3.73s though.
Joey
4WD Crew Cab, just not an S-10 anymore ;)