Bubbling

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

Shanekeller1994

Bubbling

Post by Shanekeller1994 »

Every now and then i hear bubbling when i take off does this always happens or is something wrong
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

I would check for air in the coolant system, have you recently had it serviced? if so air may have gotten trapped in the heater core.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Or the heater core may be plugged up because of Dex-Cool if it's still in the system.

Steve
Jongo88
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Jongo88 »

Bad radiator cap? bad intake gasket? There is air in the system.
2002 GMC Sonoma crew cab 4x4. Tb mod, Air box mod, pre cat delete,B&M shift improver, Trans cooler, Big three ,AD-244 alt,Red top Optima, e-fan, HD Radaitor,265/70-16' on 16x8 TA wheels,, t-bar tweek, 1.5 inch shackles and 2 inch body lift,Skids fender trim, 1.5 inch wheel spacers in front and 2.5 in back, Quad mod and Frog lights.
Transfercase vacuum switch change DO IT!!!
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I would spend some time researching what Steve recommended.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

I used to get that sound, but only when I had used the A/C
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
davejb851
Regular
Regular

Post by davejb851 »

Had the same problem in my LR Discovery. I had a small leak in the heater core, which allowed air to enter the closed system. It sounded like I had gallons of water loose under the dashboard.
Pressure check the cooling system, then start checking for leaks, loose clamps, etc.

In the LR I had to completely remove the entire dashboard to get to the heater core..........hope never to have to do that with the CC!
[size=75]I tell my Boy Scouts.....leadership isn't a job, it's an attitude! Lead by example!
2002 CC bone stock...for now - 2001 Aztek AWD - 1997 Land Rover Discovery[/size]
Shanekeller1994

Post by Shanekeller1994 »

thanks i will look a try to fix it
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

My old 97 s-10 had that gurgling sound. No matter if air was on, off. It was one of those things that was a bother, but never did any thing. Turn the radio up louder.
Roberty

Post by Roberty »

I used to have a 96 S-10 that did that same thing. Turned out to be a cheapo Advance Auto Parts thermostat. I bought a new GM thermostat and that took care of the problem.
ang94541
Regular
Regular

Post by ang94541 »

davejb851 wrote: In the LR I had to completely remove the entire dashboard to get to the heater core..........hope never to have to do that with the CC!
Surprise! :lol:
jist1983
Regular
Regular

Post by jist1983 »

Oh man... this is what i was afraid of... removing the dashboard.. Don't wanna do it. Got this problem about month or so ago and just haven't looked it up till now. I've pretty much been doing the same thing as fallvitals.. Turning the radio up....
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Hopefully you are not still using the stock radiator cap, or Dex. There is a good thread on the problems with them. Change it.
Heater core:
If it is not leaking, flush the system. This needs to be one every 2-3 years. I prefer to use green, and this is a good time to make that change.
Now is also a good time to change that thermostat.
Make sure you flush the core out good. Disconnect the hoses and with out over pressurizing, flow through it.
The Prestone flush kits work pretty well.
Once this is all done , the water is clear , clean and you have flushed the system three times, then refill with one bottle Redline Waterwetter and a 50/50 mix green. With the cap slightly loosened, or the lever up, squeeze the upper hose to purge air back to the recovery tank.
Fill the recovery reservoir to the full hot mark and keep it there.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK