dreaed hisssing noise

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

robv

dreaed hisssing noise

Post by robv »

my 2000 s-10 4x4 zr4 has the hissing noise coming from the dash and can't switch the vent stuck on face blow ,
if I plug the t/c vacuum line will it stop the hissing,,and so far I haven't found trans fluid in the vacuum lines how can you pin down the problem down with out RR each of the switches?? is there a way to test the switch on the dash?? I can't find a leek in any of vacuum lines.can anyone help with this, I have read the other posting but doesn’t say how I can tell if it’s my T/C vacuum switch?? :?:
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

If you don't have fluid in the lines at the transfercase switch, then I suspect you will have to replace the HVAC control switch if that is where the hissing is coming from. It is an assembly and not serviceable normally.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
robv

Post by robv »

is there a way to test it like with a vacum tester or something ?? it's 110 bucks i'd like to know if its bad before i buy a new one
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I would say if it is leaking it is bad.
How about trying a used one?

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Jongo88
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Jongo88 »

I picked mine up at the junk yard for 5 bucks. Just get one from a two wheel drive.... I replaced every vacuume pod too. The main one that was full of tranny fluid was the top one by the gas peddle. The other one that was full is the one in the glove box. I got all of them for 10 bucks.
2002 GMC Sonoma crew cab 4x4. Tb mod, Air box mod, pre cat delete,B&M shift improver, Trans cooler, Big three ,AD-244 alt,Red top Optima, e-fan, HD Radaitor,265/70-16' on 16x8 TA wheels,, t-bar tweek, 1.5 inch shackles and 2 inch body lift,Skids fender trim, 1.5 inch wheel spacers in front and 2.5 in back, Quad mod and Frog lights.
Transfercase vacuum switch change DO IT!!!
Adamr916

Post by Adamr916 »

if it was full of tranny fluid, then shouldn't you of changed out the t-case switch first?
kxracer
Crew
Crew

Post by kxracer »

I never really though much of it, but mine makes a hissing noise in the 'vent' mode. I can still change through all the options, and no air leaks through the vents. Could this cause my 4x4 problem at all? :?:
Jongo88
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Jongo88 »

Adamr916 wrote:if it was full of tranny fluid, then shouldn't you of changed out the t-case switch first?
Did you read my sig???
2002 GMC Sonoma crew cab 4x4. Tb mod, Air box mod, pre cat delete,B&M shift improver, Trans cooler, Big three ,AD-244 alt,Red top Optima, e-fan, HD Radaitor,265/70-16' on 16x8 TA wheels,, t-bar tweek, 1.5 inch shackles and 2 inch body lift,Skids fender trim, 1.5 inch wheel spacers in front and 2.5 in back, Quad mod and Frog lights.
Transfercase vacuum switch change DO IT!!!