Transmission Cooler Line leaking

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

indigoblueslady

Transmission Cooler Line leaking

Post by indigoblueslady »

Hello all, My CC truck is leaking transmission fluid from a small worn split in one of it's cooler lines. I've searched through the forums and the web for info with steps on how to remove and replace (with diagrams or pictures if at all possible), but I can't find info in either area. I have a Chilton repair manual but it's pretty vague about the cooler lines. Just to be clear it is Not the Oil cooler lines but the transmissions cooler lines. Could you please link me to any forums that I might have missed for help in replacing? Greatly appreciate Thanks in advance :D
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Re: Transmission Cooler Line leaking

Post by quickbiker »

Just undo whatever mounts it and redo the new one on it! It may just need a new o-ring seal on the radiator.
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
LoneWolf04
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Transmission Cooler Line leaking

Post by LoneWolf04 »

Well i've never priced out trans cooler lines before so I have no idea how expensive they are, but if theyre not real cheap you can always fix the line. It would involve a tubing cutter to cut out the bad section, and then grab a new piece of line and then a couple compression fittings. If its not in an easily accessible spot though you might just be better getting a new line, or if the line isn't that much money.