how do you remove the front bumper cover??

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

kxracer
Crew
Crew

how do you remove the front bumper cover??

Post by kxracer »

I know how to remove the actual metal bumper, but I only want to remove the plastic cover. Everything I'm reading says I should be able to do this in 5 minutes but I don't know what I'm doing. I see that there are two rubbery plastic clip things in the middle of the cover and then the edges have some crazy clip design. Any help is appreciated. (I already have the headlights and grille removed)
Jongo88
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: how do you remove the front bumper cover??

Post by Jongo88 »

On my gmc you pull the plastic pins above the tag mount and just pull it off. The side clips just pull off.
2002 GMC Sonoma crew cab 4x4. Tb mod, Air box mod, pre cat delete,B&M shift improver, Trans cooler, Big three ,AD-244 alt,Red top Optima, e-fan, HD Radaitor,265/70-16' on 16x8 TA wheels,, t-bar tweek, 1.5 inch shackles and 2 inch body lift,Skids fender trim, 1.5 inch wheel spacers in front and 2.5 in back, Quad mod and Frog lights.
Transfercase vacuum switch change DO IT!!!
kxracer
Crew
Crew

Post by kxracer »

Jongo8 wrote:On my gmc you pull the plastic pins above the tag mount and just pull it off. The side clips just pull off.
Awesome, thanks alot. I'm at work now so I only got a peak at it before I had to go. The clips on the side just looked crazy, lol. Thanks again :D
Jongo88
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Jongo88 »

Just don't pull out on them. Pull the whole cover foward...
2002 GMC Sonoma crew cab 4x4. Tb mod, Air box mod, pre cat delete,B&M shift improver, Trans cooler, Big three ,AD-244 alt,Red top Optima, e-fan, HD Radaitor,265/70-16' on 16x8 TA wheels,, t-bar tweek, 1.5 inch shackles and 2 inch body lift,Skids fender trim, 1.5 inch wheel spacers in front and 2.5 in back, Quad mod and Frog lights.
Transfercase vacuum switch change DO IT!!!
kxracer
Crew
Crew

Post by kxracer »

Alright, I got it off, put the new one on, and it is all good. I disconnected the battery tho and now it is acting all crazy. I assume it will quit eventually right?? It idles up, then dies down, then up, down, up, ........

Thanks again
kxracer
Crew
Crew

Post by kxracer »

kxracer wrote:Alright, I got it off, put the new one on, and it is all good. I disconnected the battery tho and now it is acting all crazy. I assume it will quit eventually right?? It idles up, then dies down, then up, down, up, ........

Thanks again
Alright, it appears the computer learned how to idle, lol. Took her around the block and its running like a top. Now to put it up for sale. :cry: