Fender flare brackets??

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

Lil-j
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Fender flare brackets??

Post by Lil-j »

Ok, here's my problem. I've got an 02 CC with the plastic fender flares on the bed's wheel wells. I was enjoying a nice day, 2 days ago by taking the time to wash and claybar my truck. In doing so I appearently bumped the fender flare a bit to hard and it all but completley fell off the truck. It was only held on by the screw at the front of the wheel well. The brackets that hold them in place had completely rotted away and became a rusty pile of mess at the bottoms of each side of the flare. I just called the local chevy dealer to ask about new brackets and was told GM doesnt service brackets alone and I would need and all new flare for $392! So my qusetion is does anyone know where I can get just the brackets so I can reattach the my flare? Especially seeing as how the one on the passenger side is getting to the point where it's gonna need new brackets as well. I'm not trying to spend an arm and a leg here. Thanks in advance.

PS. I checked car parts.com, no luck there.
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Fender flare brackets??

Post by green02crew »

I used a self tapping screw from the bottom wheel well side of the flare up. Not the prettiest but holds well and was a fast easy fix that can always be replaced. I'm not shy about drilling holes. Works, just an idea.
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
Too Many Mods Check the Readers Rides Page
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Fender flare brackets??

Post by ApproachMedium »

Mine appear to be held on with plastic pop rivets that body shops use for attaching parts to bumpers of cars. I would bring it to a local body shop and see if they can devise a way to re-attach it. After they do the one, have them do the other as well!
Knowledge has no value unless its shared with others.
Exploration Machine- 02' CC V8 swap. 300K+
Portable Roller Coaster- 07' MKV VW GTI
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ