No Heat

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

davejb851
Regular
Regular

No Heat

Post by davejb851 »

As much as everyone has been talking about hot feet and such, I wish that were my problem. That's because I have no heat at all.
I have a 2002 crewcab, with the V6, so my question has a couple parts.
What actually diverts the hot water into the heater core, or is that constant with the air flow being the heat determiner.
How is the door that I read everyone speaking about controlled? Is it a computer function of mechanical. I ask because the heat knob has no resistance at all.
Adding to the confusion is I just had a new engine put in, because someone forgot to put the oil in after an oil change. Is there something they might have not connected. I've looked around but find nothing in the engine compartment not connected.

Water level is fine, temp gauge reads good, heater hoses are hot to the touch, fan works fine....just nothing but cold coming out the vents....and the A/C is great, just not needed on cold northeast mornings yet..
[size=75]I tell my Boy Scouts.....leadership isn't a job, it's an attitude! Lead by example!
2002 CC bone stock...for now - 2001 Aztek AWD - 1997 Land Rover Discovery[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Re: No Heat

Post by F9K9 »

Try switching knobs or pulling that one and trying needle nose pliers to rotate the control.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Re: No Heat

Post by killian96ss »

Did you have heat before the new engine was put in? If you did, take it back and tell them about the NEW problem. Has all the air been purged from the system? Are you running the orange Dex-Cool or regular green antifreeze? Dex-Cool is known to clog radiators and heater cores which is why most people including myself switch to the good ol green stuff. It is also a good idea to replace the radiator cap every once in a while to prevent air from being sucked in which will cause Dex-Cool to gel up in a short amount of time. It is possible that your heater core is plugged up. If it is plugged up you can try disconnecting both heater hoses @ the heater core and flush water through with a garden hose. If that doesn't help replacement might be the only fix. If you still have warranty, let them fix it.

Steve