Broken bed mounts

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Broken bed mounts

Post by green02crew »

Sat on my tailgate and the bed tipped up slightly. Pushing up and down on the tailgate area quickly lets the front of the bed slap up and down on the frame.

Does the maintenance never end on this truck?!?? Its been a bad few weeks with it between seals, ignition problems, fender flares falling off the other side now, seized calipers twice this year, ball joints, and then a bed that wants to fall off. Its an 02 w/ 80k on it and I drive barely 10k a year!

This is so rusted I don't see fixing the loose bed being a fun project.
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
Too Many Mods Check the Readers Rides Page
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Broken bed mounts

Post by HenryJ »

Plate and weld. I had to do that on my old truck.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

green02crew wrote:Sat on my tailgate and the bed tipped up slightly...................
Give us a break, Brian! :roflmao:

If, you sat on the tailgate of a new F350, the front wheels would leave the ground. :angel:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Uh not me. my rig is finally behaving itself.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
green02crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by green02crew »

I've got the same name, just lack of the B and compared to other members, we live fairly close to each other. But didn't think I weighed enough to break a bed loose. I blame the atv I put in the back every weekend.
2002 S-10 Crew Cab
Too Many Mods Check the Readers Rides Page
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

I think he got us confused as we are the only two regular east coasters with green rigs. Your ATV I am sure outweighs me even if only a little (LOL)
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

04crewvt wrote:Uh not me. my rig is finally behaving itself.
You're right! My bad. To many irons in the fire and this drawn out ugly divorce is taking it's toll.

Grabbing another cold brew and heading back out to the pool on another balmy 95* afternoon :mrgreen: .
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Been there, done that, no problem my friend.
If only I had a pool 95 here today as well, 3rd day over 90 in a row so officially a heat wave. Tried to work on vehicles Monday but gave up due to heat. At least I work nights so it's a bit cooler.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I have found that the key is to hit the rigs just after "sun up". By 10 am it is miserable. By 10 you are sweating in the shade under a rig. At 10:30 you are done and pounding yourself on the back for a job well done! :D Then, at 10.45 you discover that you misdiagnosed the problem and you realize that the next step is amounting to four figures to correct the ailment. Ain't it all grand? I wouldn't trade any of this for hitting the lottery. :thumb:
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

The Grand Duck-Master speaks. Quick everybody hide from his flocks! hehehe
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by rlrnr53 »

Reed's flock has moved to he east. I'm still having problems finding small parts for the engine swap I'm doing. It seems that Mr. Murphy has taken up residence in my garage, I have lost small seemingly insignificant parts that should be common. I've had to go back to GM for some parts that uo until recently were available aftermarket. Reed, I can't comment on the big D, but I wish you all the luck in the world.
[size=75]Mitch
2001 Polo Green Metallic, no mods,(can't afford any)[/size]