NEED TO FIND: nerf bar inserts

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

jvo11

NEED TO FIND: nerf bar inserts

Post by jvo11 »

Does anyone know where I can find the inserts for the factory ZR5 nerf bars, I cracked two and the dealer at one time could order them, but now they are "discontinued." I posted in the classified section, but figured another post couldn't hurt.
Thank.
JVO
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Re: NEED TO FIND: nerf bar inserts

Post by fallvitals »

I woudlnt mind knowing too. My shoe has caught on the plastic step on piece so many rimes it ripped it from the nerf bar guts... im thinking a couple self tapingscrews should hold it down but if the guts by some chance are available id prefere that.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Could a piece of Diamond plate be cut to fit? Sikaflex will adhere it without problems. Apply and zip tie to hold it down until it cures. If you're an artist, you can even rebuild missing pieces. If you buy the right color it might even match. It usually costs about $15 per tube. I buy at the local industrial supply store.

Your best bet is going to find a good set of bars. Try Car-part.com
LMCtruck.com is another option to check.

I doubt you will ever find a pristine set of pads by themselves. No one with a good set would pull them from the bars to sell when they can sell the bars complete for more. Add to that you can buy a cheap set of Nerfs for $100. Why fix a pad when new bars are so cheap.
Maybe you can find a damaged bar and pull the pad? No yard is going to do that for you, so you would have to find one that will let you look and pull. I hear those are getting harder to find.

I have not seen replacement pads for sale. I wish you luck finding them.

I think that when the time comes for replacement, I'll probably just buy another set of Westin Signature series bars for mine.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
jvo11

Post by jvo11 »

Very insightful......It would b nice to know prehaps who was the third party provider of the stock bars.....I just just should ordered um when they were available......
How about leather front seat covers for cheap? If I gotta replace bars I'm gunna look into motorized ones?
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

jvo11 wrote:...How about leather front seat covers for cheap? If I gotta replace bars I'm gunna look into motorized ones?
Leather and cheap do not belong in the same sentence :lol: I think you will find an old group buy thread around here somewhere. Buying used leather seats is one option that has been done. Jim's old truck is a fine example.

Motorized bars? :crazy: Just how much lift do you have?

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Horsehammerr »

Seems to me jvo11 must mean motorized seats, as in powered. :| 8)
[size=75]'02ZR5 YellowCruzCab-Airbox chopped,Quadlights,Intake defuser chopped,Precat chopped,HD Bilsteins, 9x16 '84 Corvette wheels, NEXEN 245/50 tires, front & rear Sway bars, All Poly bushings in full suspension, front lowered 3 1/2", ZR2 rearend with 5" suspension lowering , FUN FUN FUN