AC Problem with Air Circulating vent

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

okaussie
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

AC Problem with Air Circulating vent

Post by okaussie »

On my 2002 CC I have a problem with the control that controls the outside, recirculating air. When I accelerate with the AC on I have less cold air and when I am done accelerating it comes back to normal.

I think the recirc module is bad on the outside air vent.

1. Where is it??
2. How do I replace it??

I have seen the part for around $140 but don't know where it goes???

TIA

Bill
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: AC Problem with Air Circulating vent

Post by HenryJ »

Have you done the hot foot fix?

I suspect your problems may be elsewhere.

Look under the hood and make sure that the line to your vacuum reservoir is attached. The reservoir is located in your left front fender. You will not be able to easily see the nipple where the line attaches, but you can feel it under the fender lip.
Next look for dry rotted vacuum lines around and behind the brake booster. Many have found cracked and broken lines.

Check those out before going further.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
dozer1530
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by dozer1530 »

ugh i just looked for my self and my vacuum hoses are dry rotted so looks like thats what im doing next Friday lol. did you ever hear a whistling sound just be for shifting?? cuz i have that and maby it could be cuz of the vacuum hoses ?? i hope so. cus its a cheep fix
okaussie
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by okaussie »

This has been going on for about a month.

I replaced hose from the t-fitting next to the brake vacuum booster to the vacuum tank a couple of months ago due to it being cracked.

I took it to an AC shop last month and they said that I needed a new fan clutch, HVAC control module and a recirc, air module due to the door not staying closed during acceleration causing the loss of cold air from the AC.

I now have replaced everything they said was wrong except for the recirc module.

They gave me an estimate of $855 to fix everything. To date it has cost me $135. The only thing left is the recirc module.

No unusual sounds at this time. BTW the vent temp is 60 degrees with it on MAX AC, Fan on 4 and driving 70mph on the interstate with an outside air temp of 107 degrees.

Checked the vent temp again tonight and with an air temp of 97 degrees, still pumping out 60 degrees.

TIA

Bill