cc is out of comission - back up and running now

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

dozer1530
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

cc is out of comission - back up and running now

Post by dozer1530 »

well today when i started the truck it was making a lot of noise so i opened the hood and saw that the ac compressor clutch and or other things is bad and i need all new vacuum hoses. so i have no clue how much it will cost me to fix the ac clutch if thats the only problem with that.and when im driving the belt is just dragging so i cant drive it. :x :twisted: the vacuum hoses should be cheep and essay but the ac compressor wont bee cheep i bet and if thats not the only problem than it will be a long time be for it sees the road again
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: cc is out of comission

Post by HenryJ »

If the clutch is toast , the seals usually get overheated and fail. It is usually better to replace the whole compressor if it has many miles on it. They do make an idler pulley that will replace the compressor if you can not afford to fix it. That will let you run without the AC compressor.

The parts to fix it will run close to $500 (compressor, accumulator, orifice tube, refrigerant oil, and refrigerant) Maybe a little less. Add to that a couple hours shop rate.

There have been some have luck with just replacing the clutch. That is the cheapest option, but it is a gamble that the seals are still good.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
dozer1530
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by dozer1530 »

yea i know its at the delor so they can tell me what is wrong and then i will get prices from diff places
dozer1530
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by dozer1530 »

well the dealer just called and the total will be with tax and every thing 965 so thats is diff out of the question so no cc for me for a wile. also my fuel filter is bad but i think i can do that my self im gona look into it today
dozer1530
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by dozer1530 »

ok here is an update iv decided to do every thing my self lol. ok im doing the fuel filter right now and then in a few weeks i can get new ac compressor dryer and the lil screen i forget what is call i can get every thing brand new fro like 330 so ill be doing that and then after than its time for new break pads so yea i got a lil ways to go but its just gona take time with me doing it my self so ill kepp yall up to date if anny one is following
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

You will need a shop to evacuate and recharge the system. Do not put that off once the parts are replaced. The compressor needs to be charged to circulate the oil. The air in the system will permeate the dryer with its moisture.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
dozer1530
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by dozer1530 »

i know my dad can do that. but i have a question im doing my vacuum hoses and thers one that comes off the t from driver fender and then goes back behind the motor and then down and above the tranny what is that for?? oo and i finish the gas filter
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

dozer1530 wrote:...thers one that comes off the t from driver fender and then goes back behind the motor and then down and above the tranny what is that for?
The transfercase control switch. This activates the front axle actuator.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
dozer1530
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by dozer1530 »

ok how do i do that one i cant get to it . i think i got all of them but that one
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Repair the section that is damaged and leave the rest.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
dozer1530
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by dozer1530 »

lol kk ty very much for your help
dozer1530
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by dozer1530 »

well cc is back up and running now :rah: :rock: :thumb: 8) :D
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Congrats! :thumb:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]