P0171, P0410

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

P0171, P0410

Post by rlrnr53 »

Have been getting these codes for about 3 weeks now. I'm trying to figure out if the two are related, or just a coincidence. Usually trruck is in 4 hi and I've spun the wheels trying to back in my parking place at home. I haven't had a lot of time with the weather and family oblogations to check very much. I can clear the codes and might not set them again for a week or more. The P0410 code sets more often by itself, but has set with the P0171 at times. The P0171 usully will clear itself after a few starts. Any ideas?
[size=75]Mitch
2001 Polo Green Metallic, no mods,(can't afford any)[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Re: P0171, P0410

Post by F9K9 »

You've exhausted a search here already? Not being a smart alec, I am just curious. P0410.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by rlrnr53 »

I've checked about all the posts, but due to the weather, I haven't had time to really check any thing out. Open air garages and temps in the single digits just don't mix unless it's something major. I mainly was wondering if anyone else had run into this combination of codes. What puzzles me is that I don't get the P0171 unless i get the P0410, but the P0410 will set randomly and under different conditions.
[size=75]Mitch
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I really don't know but, I will look around when I can for you.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

If you're getting both codes as a related problem I would start by checking the air injection manifolds and their check valves (should be able to blow through the check valves one direction and not the other). A check of the solenoid valve located by the air pump would also be a good idea as it is in an area that can get moisture in it and raise all kinds of problems. Also check the air supply hoses from them down to the air pump under the radiator support and a check of your exhaust system is in order to make sure there are no spots leaking air into the exhaust. The exhaust leak is less likely as it would not tend to be related to the P0410 code. My opinion based on past experience having been "around the horn" a few times with these two codes.
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by rlrnr53 »

Thanks roadrunner. I'll be sure to check all of it when the weather breaks and I quit having to work so much ot. 65 in. of snow so far this year has made for little time other than work. Yesterday was a long day, reg 12 hour shift, and a callout of about 3.5 hours last night to drive 40 miles to change a flat tire.
[size=75]Mitch