Strange sound from front end on right hand turns

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

brad02crewcab

Strange sound from front end on right hand turns

Post by brad02crewcab »

Hi guys Iam new to the site I have a 2002 S-10 crew cab and in the last 6 months its been a money pit. New radiator and new lower ball joint and idler arm and a altenator new brakes and rotors and a new fuel pump and new battery. I have had to put 2 sets of hubs in the front. 1st time i bought the cheap ones and they didnt last long. The problem I have now is that when i make a right turn i get a high pitched howel like the hub would make but only on right turns.The new hubs have only been in since december the new ones have a year warranty on them whats the chances that it is bad (should i try a new one). Is there something iam overlooking or is there another bearing that it could be. Just gettin tired of spending money and wanna make sure i get it fixed
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Strange sound from front end on right hand turns

Post by HenryJ »

Sounds like you are describing a wheel bearing or brake issue. Be sure to check the rear caliper slide pins too. It is possible a stuck caliper would let the rotor rub and make noise as the c-clip axle moves?

Wheel bearing diagnosis is listed in our stock information pages. It is worth checking them again. New parts does not mean "good" parts. Sad but true.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
brad02crewcab

Post by brad02crewcab »

Thanks for the advice now that you say about brakes over the weekend when i was changing wheels to my summer tires i noticed the front right rotor which also was put on in december already looked like it had grooves pretty bad in it maybe there is something wrong with the caliper.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Look up all the posts on the seized caliper slide pins. They are usually neglected and a common problem.
Take the time to change the brake fluid too. It is hygroscopic and needs to be changed bi-annually. Dry climates may get away with longer.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK