how are they?

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

2002ZR5
Regular
Regular

how are they?

Post by 2002ZR5 »

hi new to the site here and i have a 2002 zr5 this will be the first winter since i bought it just thought i would see how they do in the snow and if you guys have any tire recommendations? thanks !!
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: how are they?

Post by HenryJ »

Tire selection will depend upon your location and driving habits. A good snow tire may not be the best all around tire. A snow tire needs to trap snow. There is a good article on tire selection around here. If you have severe snow in your area, a set of snow tires may be a good idea as a second set of tires.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
2002ZR5
Regular
Regular

Post by 2002ZR5 »

HenryJ wrote:Tire selection will depend upon your location and driving habits. A good snow tire may not be the best all around tire. A snow tire needs to trap snow. There is a good article on tire selection around here. If you have severe snow in your area, a set of snow tires may be a good idea as a second set of tires.
I live In Minnesota so we have plenty of snow thanks for the reply
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Commute? Rural, or city? Mileage?
A person that drives 100 miles every day will need a different tire than someone who is retired and just needs to get to the doctor once a week. I guy on night shift may be better off with a studded tire where the Day shift might be fine with an all season. The occasional offroad hunting expedition may need a tire with some bite in the mud.
There is no one perfect tire. You have to make the best choice for what you do most.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
riceburnr2005
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by riceburnr2005 »

+ 1 I've always gone with a nice A/T with decent siping in the tread. Never had any problems, even driving on solid ice. Adjusting tire pressure accordingly has been helpful to me as well...
U.S. Marines
2003 CC LS, indigo blue, Spectre Cold Air, OBX throttle body spacer, descreened MAF, hunter bull bar, BAJA off road lights, 15x7 Crager soft 8 wheels, 31x10.50x15 Goodyear Wrangler Authority tires, cranked TB's, Daystar 2 inch shackles, 2" PA body lift, 1.5 inch spacers in the rear, Access TonnoSport Tonneau cover, reese hitch, carbon fiber front chevy badge, Lund bug deflector, roof rack from a blazer, Kenwood CD player, JVC 6 1/2 speakers.