Need Some Help

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

jessemonroe
Regular
Regular

Need Some Help

Post by jessemonroe »

Ok. was trying to replace the o-ring on the fuel sending unit today and broke the bolts on both of the fuel tank straps. Got them fixed and never even got to drop the tank. I figured I would do another day. Well while under the truck I noticed what appeared to be an oil leak at the front right side. I went to take a look and the Starter/CV Joint area is covered with clear oil. About a week ago while driving home I herd what sounded like a big rock that hit the under carriage on the right side. I pulled over and did not see anything and I know it wasn't a rock because I was driving on a paved road...anyway. Here is the pic from the area. Can someone give me a clue as to where the oil could be comming from. I don't think its motor oil. Also I really need some advice on taking out the gas tank on a crew cab 02. I can't get to the filler neck or vent tube to disconnect them like the hanes manual says. Any help is appreciated it.
Thanks
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Re: Need Some Help

Post by F9K9 »

Can't see the pic, sorry.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
hootz
Regular
Regular

Post by hootz »

Possible right axle seal (where inner cv joint fits into front differential housing).
2003 S-10 CrewCab..Mall Crawler Extraordinaire!!
jessemonroe
Regular
Regular

Post by jessemonroe »

Any info on how to change the axle seal out? It would be appreciated.