Tailgate Rubbing on bed

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Tailgate Rubbing on bed

Post by ApproachMedium »

So does anyones tailgate rub on the back of their bed at the bottom of the gate where it meets the bed floor? Mine seems to be this way near both the hinges. I took the bedliner cover off the tailgate so the plastic wasnt rubbing all my new paint off but it looks like it might be too late. I want to get this rhino linered as soon as possible maybe that will protect it? The bed is new and only had the stock bedliner in it during storage for the past 9 years.

On the exterior the tail gate appears to be properly aligned and centered. It was not centered in the original bed so we fixed that when the new bed was installed.
Knowledge has no value unless its shared with others.
Exploration Machine- 02' CC V8 swap. 300K+
Portable Roller Coaster- 07' MKV VW GTI
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
LoneWolf04
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Tailgate Rubbing on bed

Post by LoneWolf04 »

Check to make sure the tailgate hinges are not bent. I know the cups like to bend slightly and will cause the issues. Ive had to straighten mine out myself in order to get the tailgate bottom edge to stop rubbing on the floor of the bed basically with the tailgate down.
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Tailgate Rubbing on bed

Post by ApproachMedium »

OK yea mine is fine with the tailgate down, its only when its closed. We did have to adjust the hinges as they were a bit off to the right. Ill check it out later.
Knowledge has no value unless its shared with others.
Exploration Machine- 02' CC V8 swap. 300K+
Portable Roller Coaster- 07' MKV VW GTI
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ