Color match switch buttons?

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

LoneWolf04
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Color match switch buttons?

Post by LoneWolf04 »

Does anyone know of a good color match to the gray buttons on our vehicles? I am looking at bleaching a tow/haul button and then laying a fog lamp decal on it before spraying it. This way once I remove the decal it will light up with the lamp image. Wasn't sure if anyone has tried this or not? I already installed a tow/haul switch into the truck and got another one and will be putting it directly under it so it will look factory. They're in the small rectangle plate below the 4x4 switch. Will be wiring it up to some bull bar lights. :rock:
tow2.jpg
LoneWolf04
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Color match switch buttons?

Post by LoneWolf04 »

Well I've tried using various products in strength all the way up to xylene. I'm starting to wonder if these switches have colored plastic instead of painting. I was hoping I could get the button to "fade" like gm radio buttons do after long term use. Any ideas are welcome.
_STUCKY
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by _STUCKY »

Maybe try scratching it to see if it will flake off?

I'd rock a black bottom. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
AVTekk
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by AVTekk »

I believe they are colored plastic, altho I dont have one here to practice on. Brake clean takes off just about every kind of paint Ive sprayed it on.
LoneWolf04
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by LoneWolf04 »

Brake cleen was the first thing I tried, gradually worked my way up to Xylene. I may try scratching it down as a last resort. I know its gotta have translucency because it lights up the text on the switch. That's why I was assuming it was painted and I could remove it.