HVAC System

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

Blueohto

HVAC System

Post by Blueohto »

I purchased my 02 Crew last December. It has the dreaded HVAC trouble. ( transfer case switch) I purchased a new GM switch. Thanks to this forum for the part number. :D I have also purchased new vacuum line to replace all under the hood and a new check valve. Also replaced the HVAC control switch for the dash. I would like to know the easiest way to remove and clean the vacuum reservoir (found oil in the hose to it). After replacing the vac. control switch, I can feel the air move to the floor and defrost locations, but, the majority of air is still coming from the vents in the dash. I believe the only faulty actuator I have is the one that controls the vent door? Hopefully, a forum member can tell me the location of the actuator and possibly a part #. I have a Haynes manual, but it is vague. I am really glad I found this forum. It has already been helpful. Thanks
Last edited by Blueohto on Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Re: HVAC System

Post by F9K9 »

Bump for a suggestion.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
okaussie
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by okaussie »

Mine is an 02 and here is the AC Delco part number for the door actuator ACDELCO Part # 1572684 . As far as the reservoir goes, mine is the same as yours and the nipple on mine leaked. Didn't know how to replace it so I went to the junkyard and got the generation 1 vacuum ball and am now using it.

To me, it looks like a real bear to replace and this only cost me $10. Works just like the fender reservoir does.

I now have the dreaded problem you have with most of the air coming out of the front vents with little on the defrost and floor vents. I replaced all the hose, 4wd actuator, transfer case switch, one way valve, and the HVAC Control in the Dash over a period of years to fix it. Problem was fixed then about 2 months ago this problem arose. Mine could be either the actuator I spoke of above or the ROCKAUTO HVAC control for the dash went bad after 3 years.

When it warms up here and I have time I will troubleshoot this. At least, with the cold weather we are having, I have hot air and can stay warm..

Good luck,,

Bill
Blueohto

Post by Blueohto »

okaussie,

Thanks for the part number! I will look into a generation 1 reservoir. We have a couple very reasonable u-pull salvage yards in my area. I replaced my hvac control unit with one I bought on ebay. It looked free of transfer case fluid. I notice a vacuum noise when I select floor heat. Hopefully, over New Years time off, I will be able to trouble shoot the noise and get the actuator replaced. I can't believe that GM isn't financially accountable for all of the trouble a faulty transfer case switch has caused. HAPPY New Year!
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Blueohto wrote:okaussie,

Thanks for the part number! I will look into a generation 1 reservoir. ................... HAPPY New Year!
When you get time (hint), why not complete your profile? You may have a member nearby, that can help or actually supply some free labor.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]