Any idea what is supposed to be in this clamp?

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

Any idea what is supposed to be in this clamp?

Postby cobrasjp » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:45 pm

Just finished doing a 100,000 tune up on my 2004 Sonoma 4x4 Crew Cab with 4.3 liter.

Everything runs great, but I noticed an empty clamp on the back side of the radiator shroud on the driver's side that doesn't have anything in it. I can't seem to find anything that might have come unclamped.

Any idea what this clamp is for?

cobrasjp

Re: Any idea what is supposed to be in this clamp?

Postby Horsehammerr » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:09 am

Not seeing a clamp in picture. Sorry
'02ZR5 YellowCruzCab-Airbox chopped,Quadlights,Intake defuser chopped,Precat chopped,HD Bilsteins, 8x15x3 3/4"back space alloys,30x9.50R15 Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10's, Gutted Main Cat, ZQ8 rear Sway Bar, Full size Bump Stops: solid front, hollow rear, Front & Rear wheel wells and ZR5 flares SKIDZ cut, 1.5" Daystar Lift Shackles, TB's cranked 1.5"
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Postby HenryJ » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:08 am

Horsehammerr wrote:Not seeing a clamp in picture. Sorry
Image is clipped in the post window due to the size. Try viewing the image by right clicking and selecting view image, or the link I added above :)

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Postby roadrunner » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:57 pm

That clamp is for the front differential vent hose which terminates right above it with a vent cap on the end of the hose. Check below perhaps it has fallen down.
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Postby Horsehammerr » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:22 am

roadrunner wrote:That clamp is for the front differential vent hose which terminates right above it with a vent cap on the end of the hose. Check below perhaps it has fallen down.

X2 8)
'02ZR5 YellowCruzCab-Airbox chopped,Quadlights,Intake defuser chopped,Precat chopped,HD Bilsteins, 8x15x3 3/4"back space alloys,30x9.50R15 Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10's, Gutted Main Cat, ZQ8 rear Sway Bar, Full size Bump Stops: solid front, hollow rear, Front & Rear wheel wells and ZR5 flares SKIDZ cut, 1.5" Daystar Lift Shackles, TB's cranked 1.5"
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Postby cobrasjp » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:23 pm

Thanks for the input. There's a lot of knowledge on this site and I appreciate it.
cobrasjp

Return to Stock Crew Cab