Parts list, recomendations please.

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

Lil-j
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Parts list, recomendations please.

Post by Lil-j »

Ok, so here goes. I've got a laundry list of parts I'd like to replace on my truck this coming spring/summer when the warm weather gets here and I get my jeep so I can take the CC off the road to do all this and NOT have to do it on the weekend and back together for work monday morning. I'd like opinion's/recommendations on these parts if you would all be so kind. If you recommend something specific can you please provide links? I picture this forum as an at home version of a bunch of guys sitting around BS'ing about trucks and what we do to them, like.. "hey man, I just these sweet new Ujoints in this week, this what they are....."

All 4 ball joints, upper:
lower:

Hub bearings, both:

Sway bar bushings with end links:
I'd prefer an all in one box kit.

Upper control arm bushings:

Front drive shaft U-joints:
Are they both the same size?

Rear drive shaft U-joints:
Are these both the same size?

Tune up.
Plugs:
Wires:

Steering shaft has play and makes noise on rough roads, I'm sure some of you know how that sounds. What is there to do to fix this?
I've read something about a flaming river ujoint....

There are other things I need to do as well. Both cab corners are rotted out and need replacement. Not sure what I'm gonna do with that yet.
Wheels look sh1tty so those will get cleaned and plasti-dipped.
Plus the transfer case has some kind of issue I need to address so I'm gonna be taking that down this year. I have a second T-case from a 96 blazer that I might be swapping some of the good parts into mine, not sure yet. I just know there is a fix that needs to be done. Still wish I could have taken that entire drive train out of that thing!

What I'll do here is once I have a list and star getting parts gathered then installed, I can do some how to write ups that can be sticky'd for use of others here. I love to learn how to fix things and would love to pay it forward as far as knowledge goes. Help me, I'll help you I guess?

Thanks to all in advance :bow:
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Re: Parts list, recomendations please.

Post by F9K9 »

I'd start with Rock Auto and put together a shopping list if, it was me. Plenty of diagrams on what u-joints go where. I just replaced most of my front end and went with Moog or ACDelco.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
_STUCKY
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Parts list, recomendations please.

Post by _STUCKY »

The first post in this thread has a lot of the things you are looking for:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8786