Vac line help, please?

Anything related to the factory RPO Crew Cab.

Moderator: F9K9

RobsZRinAR
Regular
Regular

Vac line help, please?

Post by RobsZRinAR »

I remember seeing this Q here but, not remembering the details, the Search got me nowhere...
I'm replacing dry-rotted vac lines this morning. Coming from behind the throttle body, to drivers side, is a 7/32" hose that runs above & between the brake fluid rsvr and master cyl, to a 'T'. One line runs downward from there at 270 degrees and another, about 8" long, takes off at 180 degrees. I seem to recall that it goes somewhere into the fender but, for the life of me, can't find where I accidentally unplugged it from. Even with a 4 D Cell Maglite! :oops:
Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thx, Rob
LMs10CrewCab
Crew
Crew

Re: Vac line help, please?

Post by LMs10CrewCab »

I believe that line goes to a vacuum canister that is between the inner and outer of the front fender. Here is a link that might help you out and it has pics. It might be a hard vacuum line to get back on.

About 3/4 of the page down is the pics of the vacuum lines next to the abs
http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f107/myst ... bs-439574/
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Feel around for the nipple just under the edge of the inner fender. You won't see it but you can feel it :)

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
RobsZRinAR
Regular
Regular

Post by RobsZRinAR »

HJ - I much prefer feeling for nipples under the edge of a blanket but, I'll try again. :D
Is this hole/nipple to the rear of the fuse block? Is the hole just big enough for the line??

LMs10 - thx for the link with pics but, I still can not find where it escaped from!
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

RobsZRinAR wrote:HJ - I much prefer feeling for nipples under the edge of a blanket but, I'll try again. :D
:shock: PG-13 , PG-13! (j/k) :lol:I thought it was protruded , not recessed. a mirror might help see under there, but I am sure trying to look will never work.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
RobsZRinAR
Regular
Regular

Post by RobsZRinAR »

After taking half of the junk off of the inside of the fender, I found it! :roll:

Thx for the help, all! :thumb: